Garage Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

SevenPin

New User
R
Last week I started on my Garage Loft. I based it on the Wasted Spaces show that I had seen a while back. I don't a picture of the "Cleaned out" garage (I never really got it completely cleaned out :gar-La; but I found a picture of the garage while in the construction stage:

P9040115.JPG

View image in gallery

The lower right corner is where the sill plate is for the garage wall. The foundation is about two feet below that. So I have 15' from the floor of the garage to the ceiling. The rest of the pictures show the rough framing of the floor.

The last picture shows the Supervisor inspecting my work :gar-La;. All I need is plywood for the floor and a railing on the front. Maybe I'll enclose the space later but for now it will be open.

Oh, I used 4X6 treated for the posts and 2X10s for the ledger boards and floor joists. It stands 7' tall at the bottom of the joists and 7' from the floor of the loft to the ceiling. I gotta finish it up in the next couple of weeks or I'll have to pay for another month of PackRat Storage.

Thanks.

SevenPin

SteveCogs

New User
Steve
Nice use of space in the garage. That adds a lot of storage space to the garage and even makes it easier to get at from the house.

Glennbear

Glenn
Very nicely done Rick :icon_thum I do have a question however, were you able to extract the extension ladder after the framing was done ? From the pictures it appears trapped. :gar-La;

SevenPin

New User
R
Very nicely done Rick :icon_thum I do have a question however, were you able to extract the extension ladder after the framing was done ? From the pictures it appears trapped. :gar-La;

Actually Glenn, the ladder was put in AFTER the joists were installed. :eusa_doh: The fun part will be to figure out were it can hang. It stood up on the back wall before. Maybe across the front of the loft :dontknow:?

Thanks.

SevenPin

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
That sure is going to add a bunch of storage space. :icon_thum

Are you going to put in stairs to get up there, or just use a ladder?

SevenPin

New User
R
The last picture shows that the stairs from the garage into the house will serve as access to the loft.

Sharp eyes Christopher. I have to take out part of the railing and add a couple of steps.

No pictures but the floor is in. Going to look for a remnant or maybe splurge and cover the area with rubber tiles :dontknow:

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors