Free lighting plus more Updated 2/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Every now and then I just happen to get free stuff. This time it is lights. Specifically 2'x4' 3 T8 tube troffer lights with 18 cell parabolic lens. Some but not all have universal ballast which means they can work on any voltage between 120 to 277. These are quality fixtures recently removed from a class A office building. A tenant converted over to led and these were removed. These are currently in a storage pod and I can get as many as you folks need - well within reason, they only have 200 of these lights.

Here is the catch, I must get these within the next 72 hours, after that they will go to recycle

Here is the update:

These went quickly. Due to the speed that these needed to move, I gave approx. half to another worth cause and the balance are for NCWW. I can just met the current wish list but sorry no more. If you feel left out because you were snoozing read the bottom of this post and maybe there is something there you can use.

list as of today, correct me if wrong please
Mike Davis 4
farmerbw 4
skymaster 14
ronj103 4
hmerkle 4
agrieco 4
kenofcary 9
golfdad 10
frankc4113 4
rwilson 6
thrt15nc 2
woodworker 2000 10
ralrick 4
mkepke 6
bak30msu 2
peteb301 4
dreuxgrad 5
merrill77 5 (I will try to get you 5 more)

Mark has been helping get these offsite and stored where they can be picked up. So far I have 42 in my shop and Mark (mkepke) has 20 down at his shop in FV. Hopefully by the weekend the other forty will be in Mark and my shops. We will need to sort out who should get them from Mark in FV and who should get them from my shop in NE Raleigh. I will be wrapped up Saturday at a construction job and Charlies - Sunday will work well. I do not know Marks schedule

And for those needing more free stuff, I also have:
three 4' tracks and twelve Prescolite Architrak Line Form spots with 50watt halogen bulbs
two brand new Peerless indirect/direct T8 120v hanging fixtures approx 12 x 48
one 60" wide motorized projection screen by Dacolite
Sears RAS in great shape with new PLAM worktop

For those of you coming to my shop, all I ask is you come directly to either of my shops that are around back. Please do not go to the house as my wife is disabled and cannot get to the door, but she tries to.

And I must mention as you all pick up the lights, remember NCWW and the fact that we have a donation drive going on. The site does not run on free stuff, it requires cash

Thanks

Last edited:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Re: Free lighting

I need 4 if someone can bring them to Bill's shop March 8.

120 volt or universal

I just looked up "troffer"
Can these be ceiling mounted? I need something for my shop.

Skymaster

New User
Jack

Phil, PM me an addy and what times are convient for you, tommorrow is out, any other is good I can take a goodly dozen. Just have to figure how to hang em without the grid :}:}:}:}

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member

I need to clarify this offering some. Many if not most of these fixtures will have universal ballast, however some may not and those will be the standard commercial 277 only - none will be 120 only.
So if you are real luckily all will have universal (120 to 277) ballast, those that do not will need new ballast which run about $20 online. I am going to check these out tomorrow and will open a few up to check the ballast - I will report back

These can be mounted to or hung from any ceiling quite easily

Last edited:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

Great, I would like four.

Can somebody please get four for me and bring to either the lunch on 3rd Thursday or Bill's on March 8?

wayne

New User
wayne

Phil

PM sent.
Since these came out of a class A office building do you know if they have the emergency ballast in them.

agrieco

anthony
Corporate Member

I'll take 3. Just let me know where I need to go to grab them from!

Thanks!!!

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member

Great, I would like four.

Can somebody please get four for me and bring to either the lunch on 3rd Thursday or Bill's on March 8?
Phil,
I would like four (only if they are universal) and since "I wanna' be like Mike" could I get them on March 8th at Bill's? I might be in the area eariler that week (7th or 8th...) if the pick-up on the 8th wouldn't work... just not sure... yet

Last edited:

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member

Spoke with the wife and I guess I need 9 instead of 7 as I mentioned in the PM. The honey-do list is growing.

Thanks for the offer and let me know where to be to get them.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member

Phil

PM sent.
Since these came out of a class A office building do you know if they have the emergency ballast in them.

I seem to remember this building having an emergency generator, so none would have a emergency/battery ballast - but it is my memory and could be wrong. I will check

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member

I could use 10 of them Phil.....120 if available

wayne

New User
wayne

I seem to remember this building having an emergency generator, so none would have a emergency/battery ballast - but it is my memory and could be wrong. I will check

makes no difference I was just curious when I seen that was a feature of those type lights

frankc4113

Frank C
Corporate Member

If there are 4 more available I would like to get them. I would be available to pick them up Tuesday afternoon or any time later in the week. I am also able to pick up other lights and take them back to Pinehurst if perhaps it makes it easier for others to pick them up from my home if it is nearer for them to travel. Thanks so much. If perhaps anyone else wants me to pick up some of them and bring them to Pinehurst, let me know as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS