Free lighting plus more Updated 2/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
Re: Free lighting

Phil-

I would like 10+ if available. Let me know where/when to pick them up. If it helps anyone out, I can bring their fixtures to my house for them to pick up later in the day/week. I live in north Raleigh, just across Capital Blvd from Wake Forest (near the 1A/Capital Blvd intersection).

Thanks,

Chris

Ralrick

New User
Rick

Not sure wha the running count is but if still available I'll take 4 of the 120V or universal balast. I can pick up anytime convenient for you in raleigh

mkepke

Mark
Senior User

Also not sure of the count, but I would love to get 4-6 of the 120v or universal.

Phil S - I also happen to be free during the day(s) for the next several days and have a pick'em up truck, so if it makes sense, I could pick up a load and store them in my shop in Fuquay for folks to collect.

Let me know ?

-Mark

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member

Here is an update on the lights. I picked up 22 of them today and brought them back to my shop and will get more tomorrow. I disassembled five of them and two had universal ballast that will work on residential circuits. The other three had 277 only ballast that only work on three phase power - those would have to be replaced but 3 lamp T8 ballast are less than $15 to your door, that is about 10 % of what these fixtures cost. I was told there should be a higher percentage of them having universal ballast and that may be as I only checked a few. There is no way to tell which ballast they have without disassembly, so if you still want these you need to plan on changing a few ballast, it is real easy.

I have already given 100 of them away to another good cause. I have about 100 for NCWW. Mark (mkepke) is going to help so he will have some at his shop in FV. The balance will be at my shop hopefully by the end of the week.
IMG_0535.jpg

Skymaster

New User
Jack

Phil please let me know where and when, as soon as roads are clear I can run up with my pickup. I can use 14

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member

Thanks, Phil. I'm willing to take my chances on the ballast. Just let me know when/where I need to pick them up. Like I mentioned before, I'm willing to pick up for anyone in the Wake Forest (or surrounding) area if it helps. Thanks,
Chris

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff

Every now and then I just happen to get free stuff. This time it is lights. Specifically 2'x4' 3 T8 tube troffer lights with 18 cell parabolic lens. Some but not all have universal ballast which means they can work on any voltage between 120 to 277. These are quality fixtures recently removed from a class A office building. A tenant converted over to led and these were removed. These are currently in a storage pod and I can get as many as you folks need - well within reason, they only have 200 of these lights.

Here is the catch, I must get these within the next 72 hours, after that they will go to recycle

Surely there is a place for you in heaven

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member

Thanks for the update Phil. I'm more than willing to take whatever I get. Is it easier to pick up at your place or would you prefer pick up where they are? Not sure what we're in store for weather wise in Raleighwood, but our school has already announced early release for tomorrow so that might affect my availability then and possibly the next day as well...... Let me know what you need and what works best for you.

Thanks,
B.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member

no problem on changing the ballast....thats cheap for those lights.....give me a shout when your ready

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member

Phil
Could use 4 - if they are still available . Let me know where and when to pick up.
I am available all day.

batk30msu

New User
brent

I could pick up a load and store them in my shop in Fuquay for folks to collect.

Let me know ?

-Mark

If there are still any left, I would love to pick up 2 from Mark in Fuquay.

Thank you Phil for taking the time to do this for us!

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member

Looks like the weather should be fine by Sunday. I am about halfway in between both pickup locations and can go either way. Just point me in the direction that works best for you two.

And thanks to both of you for doing this.

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Hi - I am acting as Phil's helper on this. Kudos to Phil & his contacts for making these avail.

For folks that would find it convenient to pick up lights from me in/near Fuquay - please shoot me a PM with several times that would work for you. I will be around most of Saturday and Sunday until noon. Also avail afternoons and eves at various times next week.

For simplicity, I'm going to work on a 'first come, first served' basis, respecting the list that Phil published. If pick up requests exceed my stockpile, I'll put you on a waiting list in case someone cancels their pickup. If my stockpile runs out, you'll need to pick up from Phil.

If there are lights left over - Fuquay not being quite the center of the universe - then I'll find a way to get the excess lights over to anyone *on Phil's list* that still needs them.

Lastly, please consider what Phil said about NCWW donations. These are nice lights - these lights even have tubes in them. Assuming all the tubes work :), that saved you $10-15 per light right there.

-Mark

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Phil - I'd be interested in the projection screen. I can swing by Saturday to pick it up.
I have to say, you pull some interesting stuff out of those buildings.... :p

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Phil - I'd be interested in the projection screen. I can swing by Saturday to pick it up.
I have to say, you pull some interesting stuff out of those buildings.... :p

I will be gone most of the day on Saturday - probably not home until 4:30. Sunday afternoon, I will be around

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
I can come by sunday if you want me to pickup at your shop.......or i can go to fv....I am supposed to pick up Mikes too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS