Forget Laguna - Yes Another WG Gloat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toolferone

So I have a question for the bandsaw king (WG). I just lucked into a good deal on a Jet 16" Do I keep it and have 2 bandsaws or sell it and make a couple of bucks on it? What would WG do:bquestion ?

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
toolferone said:
So I have a question for the bandsaw king (WG). I just lucked into a good deal on a Jet 16" Do I keep it and have 2 bandsaws or sell it and make a couple of bucks on it? What would WG do:bquestion ?

Here are the questions I suspect WG would ask:

Is it bigger than what you have now?
Are the other bandsaws still useful where the new monster would be overkill?
I'm sorry, you said that new BS is a Jet. WG has been underimpressed with recent Jet BS's, so he would probably sell it....

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
Dang John, if Monty spilled the beans I didn't hear about it. You so SUCK. So when do you start ordering wood by the tractor trailer load?

woodguy1975

New User
John
JohnsonMBrandon said:
So do you have to get big tools to compensate for other smaller tools? :rolf:

:rolf::rolf::rolf:

Yes, it is compensation. I couldn't handle Monty having bigger. :rolf:

woodguy1975

New User
John
JohnsonMBrandon said:
Look out Steve he will be trying to get a bigger jointer next!

:rolf:

It's Monty's fault. He double dog dared me to get a bigger one. I couldn't back down. :roll:

Actually Steve is safe. I love my jointer too much to care about 2". :) Now if he had a 16" jointer that might be a problem....

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
How about the 50" widebelt sander??? There were some pretty big combo sanders on there, but no 20"

woodguy1975

New User
John
NCPete said:
How about the 50" widebelt sander??? There were some pretty big combo sanders on there, but no 20"

I can't power them. Most of them run higher than 7.5HP 3 phase. :crybaby2:

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Dang John,,when I get back from deploying I am going to have to take some leave and come up so you can show me how to build something, and so I can take pics of your shop so my wife can see what I want for the future,,lol great score friend

woodguy1975

New User
John
Meber has Landed!!!!!!!!!!!!

After some struggles it is in the shop, rewired for 220 V 3 phase and ready for me to run a drop. I'll get pics inside when I get it running and use it. Here is a pic after we got it to my shop while waiting on Monty to come lend a hand. Thanks dude.

meberandme.jpg

Last edited:

Monty

New User
Monty
Re: Meber has Landed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geez!!! Just looking at that thing makes my back hurt!!! :p

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Re: Meber has Landed!!!!!!!!!!!!

insomniac said:
Geez!!! Just looking at that thing makes my back hurt!!! :p

Monty, I heard you helped him move it into the shop. You didn't bust anything like you did last time did you? :lol:

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors