First project in new shop

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Until yesterday the only woodworking I have done in my new shop was the actual construction of the shop. The house has an in-house music system (which we do nt yet know how to work). The equipment is on shelves near the electrical panel in my shop. I am concerned that the dust will negatively impact the sound system. So I built a cover for the unit.

It is not fine woodworking by any means. So why post this? Well, this shop is at least twice as big as my largest prior shop. I started assembling the pieces of the cover on the table saw. Then I looked around, saw all the space behind me, and set up a Festool MFT for assembly. I had such a grin on my face. It is so much more fun to have space to work.

You can never have enough square footage or clamps!

P.S. Although it is ugly, I will try to add a picture tonight.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Please time the completion of the Maloof Rocking Chair with a hot day in summer. Hell will freeze over on that day, bringing some cool relief here :)

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Here is the cover. Made from scraps. It is ugly but it works!

Attachments

• IMG_20240304_214517.jpg
    IMG_20240304_214517.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 83

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
Check that you don't get over heating once you invite a 10 year old over to show you how the system works.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I don't think overheating will be an issue. Here is a photo of the unit without the cover.

Attachments

• IMG_20240305_094116.jpg
    IMG_20240305_094116.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 60

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Doug, since you are still a young man this won't be too meaningful; but as I now enjoy senior status I don't do as many healthy activities as I once did, such as golf. However, being blessed with a relatively good size shop (compared to my earlier shops) means that I get a lot of "steps" in when working on various projects. So, when my wife suggests that I need to get more exercise, I simply start another project!

Joseph Delfino

JoeDel
User
Congratulations on all the new space! I'm so jealous after once having a 24'x32' pole barn for a shop and having to downsize to a 14'x20' shop shared with my heater and hot water.
I'm sure you'll find something to fill the void. I always had hundreds of BF of rough sawn lumber from local sawmills stacked and drying. It was really nice being able to just sort through it and find the lumber to build something. Beside convivence it was cheap, just like me!

Happy birthday also. I recently turned 63.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS