Extreme Birdhouses

Status
Not open for further replies.

cranbrook2

New User
john
Hi again everyone
Here is my latest Extreme Birdhouse , I started it 2 years ago and i just got around to finishing it now. :eusa_doh:

It is 9 ft wide and over 8 ft tall and made from 150 year old reclaimed barn wood.
This bird house has 13 roofs, 32 dormers , fly through tunnel and over 100 apartments .

287885540.jpg

287885537.jpg

287885533.jpg

287887630.jpg

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Awesome John!!!!!!!!!!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Gotta be fit for both King's and Queen's!!!

Wonderful work ,,,to be sure. (Love the flag out front!)

Thanks for sharing that beautiful piece!

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That is outstanding :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap...can you build me a real house, it wouldn't have to be much bigger than that, but I would need a little taller door:lol:.

Dave:)

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Hi again everyone
Here is my latest Extreme Birdhouse , I started it 2 years ago and i just got around to finishing it now. :eusa_doh:

It is 9 ft wide and over 8 ft tall and made from 150 year old reclaimed barn wood.
This bird house has 13 roofs, 32 dormers , fly through tunnel and over 100 apartments .

287885540.jpg

287885537.jpg

287885533.jpg

287887630.jpg

John: That's no bird HOUSE, that's a bird CASTLE by any measure. WOW! Neat man. Show us how you plan to mount it!!

R

rickc

That is a really nice project. You should be proud of the way it came out.

Personally I am not sure I would want that many birds taking up residence - I know what they do to my truck mirrors now, while it is parked in the driveway. :roll:

cranbrook2

New User
john
Thank you everyone for all the nice comments
This birdhouse would be best suited out in the country or in a conservation or park.
It will be mounted 10 ft in the air on a single post about 24" diameter minimum.
I am putting another large house up in the next month and i will post pics of process. They take about an hour to mount.

cranbrook2

New User
john
Thank you Cathy and Rob
The roof was a lot of work .
There were almost 100 separate pieces of steel to cut , grind and paint , 3 coats.
It is just regular barn steel , i use a skill saw with a metal blade to cut it all.

woodArtz

New User
Bob
One word... Incredible!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

sapwood

New User
Roger
Extraordinary at least :eusa_clap:eusa_clap
Now how about some gutters for the amazing roof :lol:

Awed,
Roger

cranbrook2

New User
john
Thank you everyone for all the nice compliments.
I would like to keep building bigger but then i might as well just build houses again .
I have 11 more to build now but they are only 2 -3 ft square and
i will be doing them during the winter months.

I am also building myself a garden shed (TV room) it has 6 roofs , 12 hips , 8 valleys
and 15 windows.
It is 12X10 X14
I added used plywood strips on the walls for extra strength , i had a few piles of them laying around. :-D

The walls will be finished with 4x8 sheets of chalet board (panel siding)and then trimmed with 1" thick rough pine.

287745087.jpg

287745093.jpg

287745089.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS