End of a Era and a new Beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Well guys and gals I have some news....

As most of you know I had my shop/house up on the market. I put it up about 3 weeks ago and already have it under contract. I'm going to have to move out very quickly (before the EOY), but it is good to sell a house in todays market. It is a good sale and the new buyers are going to appreciate the shop for what it is...

So Woodguy's woodworking shangrila will go into storage again awaiting it's new setting. It is hard to let the shop go.... so many classes and memories, but a new beginning is on the horizon. I expect to break ground on a new dedicated shop by spring. It will be of comparable size to the shop I'm leaving behind with hopefully some upstairs storage. I'll apply the lessons I learned from this shop layout for the next.... ie don't put the dust collector in far corner of the shop.....

Lots of work will happen before I fire up my tools again, but that day will come.

John

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Congrats on the sale!!

Best of luck on getting your new shop built, I'm sure it'll be better than ever!

JohnW

New User
John
Good luck John....

After seeing some of the rockers produced from your recent class..I have a couple of questions.

Where are you looking at building? Are you staying in the hickory area?
Will you run more classes? Sure hope so.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Good luck John....

After seeing some of the rockers produced from your recent class..I have a couple of questions.

Where are you looking at building? Are you staying in the hickory area?
Will you run more classes? Sure hope so.

I'll be on the west side of statesville so I will be closer to clt for most. I will run classes again on a limited schedule. I expect to run 1 rocker class a year now, but that may increase once we are back at it again.

Thanks,

John

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
That is awesome John ... glad to hear the house sold so quickly. I guess your hard work prepping it paid off!

I should probably drive up there just to dumpster dive ... I can only imagine what you will throw out!

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
As my Kiwi co-workers would say, "Good on Ya!".

We're all happy things are falling in line for you. Great time to buy a house.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Congratulations on the sale, we look forward to seeing your new place.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
good luck!:icon_thum but isnt there some unwritten rule about gettin a new shop?:dontknow: I think it reads sumpin like BIGGER ur gonna ruin the woodguy mystique if it doesnt.:gar-Bi

J

jeff...

Is John looking for a shop with a detached house? Glad you sold it John

M

McRabbet

Congratulations on the sale of the house and the new life that is unfolding for you, but it is too bad that you'll be a little farther down the road for those of us in the mountains -- I'll look forward to seeing the new shop in operation and will be happy to help you get it set up if needed. And if you need help in getting any of the old gear into storage, don't hesitate to holler for help.

Shamrock

New User
Michael
Congrats John-you really were lucky with the sale-awesome. Now in the new shop don't forget to build an extra room or 2 upstairs for student lodging:gar-La;. That way you'll get more money to buy more tools!

Best of luck-call when you need some help

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:clamps-clamps-why do I never have enough clamps

lottathought

New User
Michael
Congrats on the sale.
So now you are moving closer to Raleigh and starting Rocker classes?
Sounds good to me. :gar-Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS