Early Tool Gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

muztangFB

Joshua
Senior User
It took a drive to Atlanta, more Home Depot's and Lowes than I care to count, and a very understanding wife, but I have managed to collect the following:

BOXES_SMALL.JPG

View image in gallery

Delta Bandsaw $150
Rigid Drillpress $150
Rigid Jointer $199
Rigid Granite Top Tablesaw (not seen in pic) $299
Dewalt DW735 Planer $289

They are all still in boxes, but hopefully by next weekend I will have pictures of them set up in my shop (if I can get it clean enough to unpack). Thanks to everyone who has seen and posted these deals. Hopefully soon I can get some sawdust pics.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Wow!! Less than $1100. I would say I hope you sleep well tonight but I know that is impossible. As Tom said "What a haul".

Dragon

New User
David
Serious tool buying there. Can't wait to see the pics of all that set up. Congrats on the goodies.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Dude! You got a whole shop for $1110 in one day! Congrats doesn't begin to say enough, and cudo's to your wife too.

+1,000

That is one great buy/Gloatage~!

I wish I would have waited for the ridgid deal as I just got a Ridgid jointer for $250 used, but it did come with a 10" delta BS.:eusa_doh: :eusa_danc

T

toolferone

So, is it all together yet :gar-Bi?
Sleep is highly overrated!

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Great Googly-Moogly, Joshua!!!! What a score. What a haul. If you EVER decide to go shopping again, PLEASE take some of us with you.

Congrats!!

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Another major gloat! What's going on here. Did you guys rob a bank?:gar-La;

YOU ROCK!

muztangFB

Joshua
Senior User
Thanks for all the compliments. This is one of those rare occasions when the good sales came at the right time, so I decided I better not miss it. I have a Rigid TS2424 that has served me well, and I didn't really need the bandsaw and drill press (yet), but its not everyday you can tool up for half off.

If the trip hadn't been so last minute, I would have towed a trailer so I could make a few more stops. In addition to all my toys, I managed to get my father a DP and BS, and a couple extra Rigid BS's for friends who covered my gas, so all it cost me was time and patience. As you could imagine, I had the bed of my truck fairly loaded (I could only imagine what the guys at the last HD I went to were thinking).

cpowell

New User
Chuck
All the deals are sweet but the DW735 especially so. I don't think I've heard of them being offered at that price.

Great haul! :eusa_danc

Chuck

muztangFB

Joshua
Senior User
The bandsaw actually came from the Winston-Salem Lowes. I was fortunate enough to hit the right manager at the right time. I have since tried to repeat without as much luck. Thats pretty much the story I had at the many Home Depots I went to as well. I actually went to one Home Depot that was less than 8 miles from another Home Depot (and on the same road), but the second would not match the bandsaw and drillpress prices from the first. I even stood there for over half an hour while the managers tried to figure out why they had differant prices, only to have them finally refuse the pricematch.

The DW735 was part of Home Depot's recent clearance (they apparently discontinued the DW735 in favor of the DW734). I spent more time than I care to admit calling Home Depots trying to find one in stock, bought it over the phone, and was lucky enough to not have it disappear before I got there.

SGalley

New User
Scott W. Galley
Very nice scores. I should have told my sister in law to pick some of that up for me.:gar-Cr

jimsto2

New User
Jim
That's a great haul.

I also was at HD in Danville, VA this weekend and got the Ridgid 15" drill press for $149 and the 14" band saw for $184. They had the Dewalt circular saw's that are regular $139 for $69 but I didn't need one. As of Saturday afternoon they still had at leat one band saw in stock. I'm not sure about drill presses. No Dewalt planers insight though.

I checked HD in Matthew's at lunch today. No markdowns there. Not yet anyway.

jimsto2

New User
Jim
By the way if you go by the post office and pick up a change of address packet and get out the 10% off Lowe's coupon, they'll honour it at HD even on the clearance items. That what I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS