Duct Installation Nearly Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Today was a good day! Rick (thesource), Phillip (ptt49er) and his buddy Jeremy (not me :gar-La;) showed up at my place bright and early to help with the installation of some duct. Rick promised me that it wouldn't take but a few hours ... and he was right. Two hours later and the duct was fully installed (minus a few small pieces that will be in Tuesday)! Amazing!

Decided to go with the Nordfab duct. It's a bit pricey, but since the first time I saw it (at Doug R's place on a shop crawl), it kinda stuck in my mind. I needed something that would be easy to re-arrange (afterall I have rearranged my shop about a dozen times) and something that could go with me when I move. All purchased from TheWoodworkingSource.com (Rick's place :icon_thum) ... and to boot he even helped (well, did) the install.

This stuff is REALLY nice. Now I just gotta figure out how to pay for it! :rotflm:

THANK YOU RICK FOR THE INCREDIBLE PRODUCTS, DESIGN, AND INSTALLATION SERVICES!:icon_thum
THANK YOU PHILLIP FOR ALWAYS BEING THERE TO HELP ... A GOOD FRIEND.
THANK YOU JEREMY FOR HELPING US THIS MORNING!

A few pictures from today...

P1030062.JPG

View image in gallery

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
And boy does that thing SUCK! OH MY! I thought it was going to pull my wedding ring off of my finger!

I enjoy the "shop" time even when it's not my shop :-D Enjoy the new DC!

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Only because I was there....

It's loud, but not terrible. Assuming you're wearing ear protection it wouldn't be too bad. It is loud enough to make carrying on a conversation rather difficult (i.e. you'd have to be standing right in front of them speaking rather loudly).

Is it ideal? Probably not, but it works.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Be careful with your toupee. I'd suggest switching to gorilla glue :)

So, now can we call you Duct Dogers in the 21st and 3/4" Century?

Congrats :)

Jim

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Looks awesome Jeremy. I'm not even going to ask how much the duct work set you back... :swoon:

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
How loud is that in your garage?

What Phillip said. :wink_smil

It is louder than my other unit, but not annoying-loud like a big compressor. It's a lower roar. Most of the my tools are likely louder than it (well, maybe not the lathe or drum sander)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS