Don't Forget TWA Meeting tomorrow night - wood selection

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rickc

Remember tomorrow's Triangle Woodworkers Association meeting at Klingspor's Woodworking store!

Should be interesting subject - Selecting the Right Wood for a Project. Scotty Drye, Wood Scientist, BTh, MTh, OM, BS, MWPS is a member of NCSU Chapter of ΞΣΠ, the National Forestry Honor Society and he has taught classes at NC State, Woodcraft, and Klingspoor’s Woodworking Shop. He is a dendrologist (a person who studies trees) and specializes in wood identification, properties, utilization, and botany. He has an extensive wood collection from all over the world and is a member of the International
Wood Collectors Society (IWCS). He will share with with the club - selecting the right wood for a project. Have your questions ready. If he doesn’t have the answer he’ll probably be able to tell you where to find it.

Someof the members will be meeting at Buffalo Bros at 6 pm for dinner before the meeing - come and join us!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Thanks for the reminder Rick . . . I'll be there :mrgreen:

Can we bring wood samples for identification????

Most of my wood is "scrounge wood" that doesn't have a name tag 8-O

Roger

Travis, the meeting starts at 7:30 pm, but there's a sixish gathering at the Buffalo Wing joint in the shopping center for those of us who can't wait until 7:30 pm

Last edited:
R

rickc

Meeting starts at 7:30. Several meeting at Buffalo Brothers (in same plaza) for dinner at 6. Usually head over to meeting about 7 to allow time for "browsing"!

As far as bringing samples, I would think it would be worth a shot. Better to have them and not be able to ask, than to find out he could help you out and let you know! I might bring some myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS