Display Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Don't want you folks to think that just sitting around! This is all I got done today. I can't believe what I paid for HD poplar!

Display_Cabinet_2_.jpg

Display_Cabinet_3_.jpg

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Whoa, it doesn't look like you've been sitting around to me. I wish I could be so productive!

Did you buy the lumber from the BORG? HD lumber prices are kinda hard to swallow. Are you set up to mill your own rough cut stock?

Chuck

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I usually resaw rough stock but I didn't have any poplar, white pine or anything that would take a baby skin paint finish. It's been so long since I've bought from the BORGs that I was shocked.

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
Isn't it nice to be able to just hang around the shop all day?:drunken_s Looks like you were very busy. I can't wait to see the finished product.

skeeter

New User
Charles
Looks like you got off to a great start. Nice work! Good to know that all HD's are the same, high!!

thrt15nc

Tom
User
That's about two months of work for me!!! Looks nice. Can't wait to see the finished piece.

I see you collect refrigerators!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Looking good so far. Is that for your house or another's?

What are the darker pieces at the left of the second pic?

It's going to replace a smaller piece that one of my girls is taking.
Darker pieces are walnut blanks for cabriole legs that were cut from a big balk and are still drying.
No sooner than I get rid of those fridges one of my girls will need one. When they were home this was their playroom and both fridges were always full of cokes and ice cream.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very nice, Joe!

I sure can identify with the cost of poplar and red oak at Lowes and the HD! I just about have to take out a 2nd mortgage for any substantial amount! I guess that's the price I pay for convenience ... certainly not quality!:BangHead:

You certainly got an awful lot done in one day! Must have had very limited interruptions!

Look forward to seeing further progress pics.

Thanks for posting!

Wayne

sapwood

New User
Roger
Don't slow down now Joe! Though I'm convinced all this productivity has something to do with the WoodRat :lol:

The cabinet is looking good and I can't wait to see what's happening tomorrow. :eusa_clap

Roger

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Against all odds! What with Dr appts and a kid who broke her car key off in the door at State, I did find time to finish the face frame. The WoodRat makes quick work of the M & T joints. All squared up & ready to glue up the case.
Display_Cabinet_4.jpg

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
WOW Joe you are making fast work of it. It would take me two day just to get the wood cut for the face frame.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Out of town yesterday. Finished the doors and top this AM. Now for the dreaded paint job! Then I can have the glass cut.
Display_Cabinet_005.jpg

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
D*mn, I hate to paint. Anyway, it's done! Glass was done by the good folks at Southern Glass in Fuquay-Varina. Perfect fit!
Display_Cabinet_006.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS