Delta DP200 drillpress? UPDATED to Gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Anyone have one of these that they could provide feedback on? I'm going to look at one NIB tonight after work and wondering if it's worth the trip. I know this is far from top of the line even for Delta but I need something small for the time being and thought this might fit the bill for a while. The price is less or around what what I've seen other used Delta models go for on CL so thought it might be worth checking out.

TIA,
Brian.

Well, I braved the rain last night after work and went and looked at this. The dude wasn't kidding about NIB, I had to cut off the bands and factory tape so I could check for damage and found none. Everything is still in it's wrapping and packing slime coating (YUK). So it came home with me and will hopefully get put together later today or tomorrow if all the other stuff I have to do goes well. So for now everyone will have to settle for pics of it in the box. :gar-Bi

DP2002.JPG

DP200.JPG

Thanks again for the feedback. :icon_thum

Brian.

Last edited:

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Re: Delta DP200 drillpress?

Thanks Phillip, I actually read that before I posted. :icon_thum

I went through some "reviews" on Amazon as well and like anything else there are the "best xxxxx I've ever owned" mixed in with the "this xxxxx is the biggest steaming piece of :argue: I've ever owned" comments so you kinda have to wonder. But for 60 bones I think it might be fine for the "small" uses that I "need" it for!!!:gar-Bi Like drilling straight holes which I have a hard time doing freehand with a drill!!! :BangHead:

Thanks,
Brian.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member

Phillip if that's the case maybe I should rethink the purchase more thoroughly!!!!! :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Brian.

PChristy

New User
Phillip

Phillip if that's the case maybe I should rethink the purchase more thoroughly!!!!! :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Brian.

NAhh man you go ahead and get that press if you want it - I was just running my mouth - I have found tho on some of my boring everything can be straight as a door nail and I take the blank out of the drilling vise and it is bored out of center on the bottom side - and the next one will be perfect- :dontknow: guessing it might be the grain throwing the bit off a little

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member

....everything can be straight as a door nail and I take the blank out of the drilling vise and it is bored out of center on the bottom side - and the next one will be perfect- :dontknow: guessing it might be the grain throwing the bit off a little

:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

I have had the same problem, Phillip. I have found that if I go really slow and back out the shavings, that things go a little straighter.:wsmile: (ie Drill about 1/8" and back out the debri.) Go slow and just nibble your way down the blank, seems to work! Grainier woods make even more challenging!:BangHead:

Wayne

PChristy

New User
Phillip

:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum Go slow and just nibble your way down the blank, seems to work! Grainier woods make even more challenging!:BangHead: Wayne

I noticed that on the grainier woods also - I was out of center just a little with the camo acrylic pen that I turned for SIL but it still came out good

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Humm, I didn't do something right when I updated this it seems........bumpty, bump.....:gar-Bi

Brian.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Congrats Brian, nice find! You'll soon wonder how you ever managed to do without one.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
I owned that DP for several years and it performed admirably. You should be very happy with it. Great score!

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
So I managed to get time to get this set up on Thursday. It took me longer to get the gorilla snot off then it took to assemble the thing!!!:argue:

I even got to use it some Thursday and Friday night and let me tell you, it's much faster and reliable drilling holes in 40 Christmas ornaments with this than freehand with a cordless drill!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap It runs well and I think I'll get more than my moneys worth out of it.

DSCF5592.JPG

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS