Delta 12" Jointer too good to be true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

I was just messing around on the computer looking up jointers, when I noticed that amazon.com has the Delta 12" jointer 37-361 (single phase motor) for $1744 plus $100 shipping. WOW!! Everywhere else on the web it looks like it is around $4000. Is this too good to be true? Does anyone know if this is a good jointer?

Grgramps

New User
Roy Hatch
I took a look at Amazon to see if it was still offered at that price and it is. Probably won't last long, although not many have space for a unit that size. There are lots of Delta jointers around but I suspect that few have one that size. It'll be interesting to see if anyone here has experience with that particular model.
Roy

striker

Stephen
Corporate Member
Is this for real? I've had my eye on a 12 inch machine for a awhile but I'm a little reluctant to plunk down 4k on a so-so machine. I'm going for this if its for real. any opinions out there?

Last edited:

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
I just checked it says item currently unavailable Never mind I checked again and it is still available

adowden

Amy
Corporate Member
I did it! For $1793.08 including shipping I bought this Delta 12" jointer. I was the moron who started this post, but was so excited that I forgot to log in last night. I'll let you know how it goes when I get it. It will take me a while to test it because I am just now starting to get my workshop built. They are pouring the slab tomorrow.

chris

New User
chris hardee
Go for it. The worst that could happen is they cancel the order before shipping it. Don't forget to use the tools discount: ALLTOOLS

chris

New User
chris hardee
It's $25 off of $150 or $50 off of $300. You have to put the code in when you check out. If you already checked out, you can try using customer service to get the discount.

striker

Stephen
Corporate Member
Thanks Chris, I'll try customer service. I guess thats probably the reason why I'm not allowed to go grocery shopping alone. what coupons?

striker

Stephen
Corporate Member
UPDATE: Amazon / Delta sent the machine out lightning fast as I recieved it today already. I had it delivered to my work where I have access to Forklifts & extra hands. We loaded on my trailer for the ride home. I unloaded single handedly (not recommended) down a ramp with a number of pipes. Tomorrows project is to get up and running. Also need to sell off quickly my 8" Bridgewood machine as I'm totally out of space now. Any takers?

Monty

New User
Monty
Wow - these tool gloats are getting out of hand! Nice score on that DJ30 - keep us updated on how it works.

striker

Stephen
Corporate Member
Yes, Thank you on that. :) My head is still spinning on this deal. I wasn't planning on buying anything until Amazon dropped the price this week. It'll be nice to be able to push 12 material through it. I hope to take a few pics before the weekends out of the machine. Also was thinking of taking a few WIP Pics of a tall clock I've been plugging away on.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I did it! For $1793.08 including shipping I bought this Delta 12" jointer. I was the moron who started this post, but was so excited that I forgot to log in last night. I'll let you know how it goes when I get it. It will take me a while to test it because I am just now starting to get my workshop built. They are pouring the slab tomorrow.

you can store it here!!!!!!!!!!:-D

fred p

striker

Stephen
Corporate Member
I am clearing out a 8 in Bridgewood Jointer and 14 in Jet Bandsaw to make room for the DJ-30. I've added a few photos in my "workshop" Gallery for any interested.

Monty

New User
Monty
OK, that does it... YOU SUCK!!!

DSC00510.JPG

I have a question - is it just the angle of your picture, or is the outfeed table longer than the infeed table on that machine?

striker

Stephen
Corporate Member
Thanks Monty, if its any consulation, my wife technically bought it.....she pays the CC. Thats an interesting question concerning the bed lengths. I'll take a tape measure to them tonight.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
YOU REALLY, REALLY, SUCK

You got that thing cheaper than I got my DJ-20 for from the same place.:crybaby2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS