Day at Scott Smith's

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
Went by Scott Smith's place to help with some DC ducting and ended up hanging with some fellow North Carolina Woodworker's(Jim M. & Mike D.), eating, and doing some playing. Thank God for beautful days and good friends. Here is the proof:

Scott showing how it's done, apparently it's all in the backside!!
DSCN2638.JPG

My turn at the helm

DSCN2639.JPG

The Gang before departure L-R Myself, Scott, Mike D., Jim M.

DSCN2643.JPG

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Just got home, stacked my new QSWO in the shop and sat down to see myself on the big screen!

Had a great time ogling all the cool tools and tons of beautiful wood. Scot has it together in most every area on the farm and in the shop, I wish I was 1/10th as organized. Cooks great chicken too.

I'll try to make pictures as I work on my big project with the wood I got today.

If you need OAK be sure to check with Scott! :icon_thum

T

toolferone

Scott is a great host! I am glad you all had a such a beautiful day to hang out.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Looks like a great time. Can't wait to see what comes out of that four man board.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Looks like an awesome day! :eek:ccasion1 I love going to Scott's place, although last time I was there it was raining cats and dogs and I didn't know if I'd be able to drive out of there in the Honda. :swoon:

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Ya know it's a good time if Mr. Davis makes it down out of the mountains ;-)

That looks like a great way to enjoy a Saturday!

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Gary, those are some great pix! Thanks for sharing. Also thanks much for stopping by to help today.

Mike, as always it was great to see you, and I appreciate the business. Please keep NCWW updated with photo's of your project.

Jim - GREAT to meet you, although you do keep some questionable company....:gar-La;. Come back anytime.

For those who were wondering, yes that 20" wide white oak board that we are holding is pure quartersawn!

Scott

Rob

New User
Rob
Mike, wish I had known you were that close, would have stopped by. Looks like fun.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
i open any thread involving Scott with great trepidation, knowing that I will see huge machinery, or huge chunks of wood.:gar-Cr

looks like a great day was had by all!

M

McRabbet

Sweet wood and good camaraderie -- doesn't get much better than that!

jmauldin

New User
Jim
Yes, it was a great Sat. and great to be out with such comany. That's Scott, you are a great host.
I'm surprised, however, that none of those in that motley crew mentioned the fantastic BQ chicken that Scott served up!
Scott, hope to get down that way again soon.
Jim in Mayberry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS