DaveO is such a bad influence

Status
Not open for further replies.

lottathought

New User
Michael
So there I was...just hanging out..admiring the fine woodworking on this site.
And DaveO casually invites me over to watch a pen turning..(That was last night)

Today, I am looking at a new lathe in my garage (thanks to the folks at HF having a sidewalk sale) and a nice new pen from last night.

DaveO is dangerous and needs to have a warning label. :drunken_s

But really..DaveO is not only very talented but an all around nice guy.
I had a great time hanging out.

J

jeff...

That's actually funny - did you watch him zip around his shop like a whirl wind? Considering how fast he moved I was beginning to think their were clones.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Thank goodness there are those who recognise Dave
O's
real worth!
He may not brag and that's to his credit. But, there is no one on this site who is a better guy! Listen to him, he knows a lot about a lot!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

J

jeff...

O's
real worth!
He may not brag and that's to his credit. But, there is no one on this site who is a better guy! Listen to him, he knows a lot about a lot!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Amen Sister

DaveO

New User
DaveO
:kamahlitu <big evil voice on> Haha, another one turns to the dark side, and another HF kickback for me HAHAHAH <big evil voice off>

Thanks for the compliment Michael, it was very nice to meet you too, neighbor.
I'd give you suck worthy gloat status on the lathe and making your first pen, but no pictures so you must be dreaming :lol:

Y'all are making me blush
Dave:oops: :oops:

MikeH

New User
Mike
Congrats on the new lathe Michael and thank you Dave for bringing another one to the spinny side!

cskipper

Cathy
Congrats on the lathe and coming over to the dark side. Dave, you are good. You remember how easy it was to get you turning pens and just keep spreading the joy (read: addiction).

lottathought

New User
Michael
That's actually funny - did you watch him zip around his shop like a whirl wind? Considering how fast he moved I was beginning to think their were clones.

He definately knows his way around the shop.

And after seeing his shop, I realize what a "Tent City" version mine is still.
So many projects..so little time.

sapwood

New User
Roger
O's
real worth!

Jeff was right all along . . . DaveO needs to write a book :mrgreen:
Couldn't take more than a couple days ;-)

Roger

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Kudos to DaveO for being such a nice guy (which he seems to always make a habit of). :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Gloatworthy suckage granted on the pen but withheld on the alleged lathe pending pics. :lol: :lol:

Chuck

lottathought

New User
Michael
OK..I have been a slacker..well..very busy actually.
Here is the pen.
And I can assure you that the mistakes were my doing. Dave did the really good parts.

Yaknow..I was wondering how you guys could part with your creations.
Then I started paying for the supplies......avoids bankruptcy huh?

Attachments

• PICT2336.JPG
    PICT2336.JPG
    209.6 KB · Views: 167

Dutchman

New User
Buddy
I've never seen Dave O. in his shop, but based on the amount of advice he gives others on this site, and the amount of work he turns out, he must be a whirlwind.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Michael, you have the nack, you even take a good pen pic...that is as much of a challenge as turning the pens itself.

Dutchman, I believe you meant a windbag :lol: :lol:

Dave:)

nelsone

New User
Ed
Michael, that's a great looking pen!:icon_thum Maybe I need to drive up and visit Dave sometime!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors