Customize profile broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveHall

Steve
Corporate Member
I can set custom colors in my "Customize Profile" user settings, but they don't seem to work. Are these broken or disabled?

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I believe that has either been disabled or lost in the last software upgrade.

Dave:)

SteveHall

Steve
Corporate Member
Somebody should hide the option then, or else I'll keep trying to fiddle with it and wonder why it doesn't work. :)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Good point...But hey it kept you entertained for a little while :gar-La;:gar-La;

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Please!
I actually find it as an option in vBOptions and it looks like it should be available :dontknow:

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Hmmm, this is rather odd. I'll continue to dig.

Steve, can you confirm that the settings you are making are being saved when you go into "Customize Profile"?

I set a font, a bunch of colors and stuff. It shows me what I picked in the bottom sample box.

I can exit and return to "Customize Profile" and my settings are there.

What I don't see, is my nifty fonts and colors anywhere else in the site.

Do you concur?

Jim

SteveHall

Steve
Corporate Member
Jim, exactly my experience. The settings hold and are displayed in the sample box, but they aren't actually reflected in the site.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I think I figured it out. Its not "broken". As a sales rep once told me, "its not broken, its working as designed".

Customize Profile actually means it lets you customize your personal user profile page, not how you view the forum site.

Steve, if you look at my profile page, I suspect you will see just how ugly I can make it. http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/member.php?u=639

The About Me tab is sort of an ugly yellow green?

DaveO, does this sound right? Or did users have the ability to alter more than their personal profile before?

I think it'd make more sense to rename "Customize profile" to "Customize Personal Profile". Or something less unclear?

Thoughts, opinions, free pizzas?

Jim

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I think I figured it out. Its not "broken". As a sales rep once told me, "its not broken, its working as designed".

Customize Profile actually means it lets you customize your personal user profile page, not how you view the forum site.

Steve, if you look at my profile page, I suspect you will see just how ugly I can make it. http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/member.php?u=639

The About Me tab is sort of an ugly yellow green?

DaveO, does this sound right? Or did users have the ability to alter more than their personal profile before?
I have never used this feature, I see no value in it.

I think it'd make more sense to rename "Customize profile" to "Customize Personal Profile". Or something less unclear?

Thoughts, opinions, free pizzas?

Jim
Opinion, why have it. It doesn't do much and seems to cause confusion. Jim, I am glad that you figured out what this White Elephant does, but I see no reason to have it.
MTCW,

SteveHall

Steve
Corporate Member
Jim, I agree with DaveO, not sure why personalising just one page is useful. Although it would be nice to be able to force a personal style site-wide, removing the current feature seems the least confusing. (And will prevent me from accidentally re-filing this as a bug in six months after I forget how this conversation went. :) )

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
FYI, the custom profile page is meant to be part of the social Networking features, So just like "Facebook" and others, you are intended to be to make your profile page an entry point to Your social network, thus you can customize for your look and feel.

Of course, we have not enabled the social networking features, in general, but bits and pieces stick out like sore thumbs.:tongue2:

For instance, if we enabled social networking and added the blog add on, then cistomizing the profile would make more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS