Cribbage Board .tap file

Bill_L

Bill
Corporate Member
I have a Shark CNC and as part of the clip art there is a cribbage board template. I can't seem to get that to work. The holes seem too small (maybe 1/16") and I'd expect to use a drilling toolpath. I need more practice on the CNC but wondering if anyone has a 'standard' cribbage board .tap file they'd be willing to share.

Thanks in advance!

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
I've got some generic cribbage board hole patterns in .dxf format and also .svg (both vector formats).

Before that, maybe let’s try to fix the problem with your clip art:

* what CAM program are you using?
* what problems are you having? You said the holes are too small..is the file scaled appropriately?

-Mark

Bill_L

Bill
Corporate Member
Hey Mark,
I figured it out. There were a couple of issues. I found a good video and download from Laguna (
) and that stepped through resizing the board. Initially, the holes were estimated to take 35 hours!! I wasn't paying attention to the Pass Depth which was set to 0.02 and I was drilling .6 with Dwell of a second or two at each pass. Ugh!!! I had to ungroup all the holes and then select all and set the size to .125. Not super intuitive but I'm pretty new with the CNC. I did a test board earlier this evening and it turned out great.

Side note - I love Calvin and Hobbes / Bill Watterson and made sure our kids grew up reading his strips. Sadly, some of his comics would likely cause him to be cancelled today.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors