Cradle by b4man

Status
Not open for further replies.

b4man

New User
Barbara
What a shock to see the pix of my cradle in a post, thanks Cathy!

Since the method for posting pix changed I can't seem to keep up with the new ways around here. Then again, before chemo I had no excuse for my
techno-ignorance, now I use it to the fullest!

This project began in February after my daughter announced the coming addition of a grandson in August. I ordered the plans and chose ash to make the cradle. It's taken until about two weeks ago to finish it. I scrolled the ornaments on the sides just for contrast and fun.
My daughter wanted a clear finish so I used wipe on poly after shellac. It's all dowel joinery.

Thanks for looking! My real gloat is yet to come!

M

McRabbet

Very pretty cradle that will keep that new baby content and will bring joy to her mother -- superb job, Barb!

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I wondered where you were Barb? I see now you've been busy!

What a wonderful place to spend the first months of life! :icon_thum

jerrye

New User
Jerry
:eusa_clap:eusa_danc:eusa_clap:eusa_danc:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:icon_thum

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Great job on the cradle, Barb:eusa_danc! That's a family heirloom for sure:icon_thum.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Wonderful job Barbara. Great choice of wood and finish. Can I ask where you got those plans? I have two grown daughters so my day will come sooner or later. NO.....NOT A PER GLOAT

b4man

New User
Barbara
Thanks for all the kind words everybody!

Scott, I can't remember where I ordered them right off but I'm not at home and when I return I'll look it up. I am happy to send it to you if you'd like. I don't plan to ever build it again! The design is simple enough however the directions were less than easy. There are a few assembly changes I would suggest to anyone building this cradle.

skeeter

New User
Charles
Great looking cradle and heirloom. Daughter and grandson should really enjoy it. I made one for a niece and had the trophy shop to make a small plaque which said "Babies who have slept here." When both her girls were born I'd take take the plaque and have their name engraved in it.

sapwood

New User
Roger
You rock, Barbara!
And so will the kid.

And thanks to Cathy for helping Barbara show off her skills :icon_thum

Roger

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Nicely done Barb!! I know your daughter will cherish that piece for years to come. She can even brag about Mom's talents to everyone that sees it. And rightly so.

Jerry

cskipper

Cathy
Great looking cradle and heirloom. Daughter and grandson should really enjoy it. I made one for a niece and had the trophy shop to make a small plaque which said "Babies who have slept here." When both her girls were born I'd take take the plaque and have their name engraved in it.

That's a cool idea. :cool:

Glad to help in posting the pictures. Funny in a way, because Rob had just helped me out with posting some of mine. BTW Barbara, chemo isn't enough of an excuse - I had it and can still remember, um, what was it I could remember????? :eusa_doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS