Couple of my Xmas gifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toolferone

I was in Atlanta last month working a show at woodworking store. Of course I had to mosey around and see what I needed/wanted. They had a new old stock Record compass plane. I have a modest collection of the Record planes and always wanted one but was cost prohibitive. The unit had been banging around on the shelf unboxed and the label is in poor shape. I asked the manager what the price was since it was not labeled. Bracing myself for the price he told me I could have it for $70.00. I was shocked at how cheap he was letting go for. I set it on the corner of the counter trying to decide how much trouble I would be in at home for buying it. Toward the end of the day I went back into my truck and sitting there on a block of scrap wood was written "Merry Christmas" with the plane sitting with it. The rep I had been working with bought it for me! I was speechless, a very generous gift to say the least.

Record%20compass%20plane.jpg

My other woodworking gift is the Kreg micro jig addition to the K3. It drills a smaller hole to work better in 1/2" material.

Kreg%20micro%20jig.jpg

Now if I only had time to use it. I am a fortunate person to be surrounded by such great freinds and family.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yes Tom there really is a Santa. Thanks for sharing the story.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Thanks for sharing such a heartwarming tale!

Not only do you work with good people, they are working with a good fellow too :)

Jim

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
That is too cool Tom! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap No one is more deserving of such a good gesture. :icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors