Cool tool in my little shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
Today is garage clean-up day. So, I decided I needed a better way to store my wood pieces. I designed a bin and decided to practice using pocket holes. I picked up the small Kreg pocket hole jig. I love this thing. So easy to use. Now, since I'm getting ready to build a self contained storage/workbench I can use the pocket hole to my advantage. Yay! It may be a small jig, but to me it's a big deal.

Attachments

• Kreg Pocket Hole Jig.jpg
    Kreg Pocket Hole Jig.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 274
  • Kreg Pocket Hole Jig 2.jpg
    Kreg Pocket Hole Jig 2.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 278

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Beware of pocket holes, they are addictive. I have that jig, and the older metal Kreg. Have learned to use coarse screws in softwood and fine screws in hardwood, but overall, it is a great tool. Awesome for putting together face frames.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That's something that I don't have. But I have heard rave reviews on pocket screw jointery. My B-day is coming up, I'll have to put it on the list.
Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
See, all you need is a reason to buy a new tool :mrgreen:

I don't have one, but I heard a hundred raves about their effectiveness. :icon_thum

The pix you posted makes it look soooo simple!

Sapwood

MarkW

New User
Mark
I'm also addicted. I feel lucky that I made this purchase when I was first starting my cabinets. I don't think I would have continued had they not been so easy to use.

That said, it is a very strong joint and almost impossible to blow it as long as you use stop blocks when sizing your wood.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
That is a handy little jig there Anna. I know you will be happy with it. I have the complete Kreg kit and I am always finding new uses for the jig. Enjoy it and let use see some pix of the storage unit you are building.

D L

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Not just for face frames anymore. Pocket screws are awesome for a number of applications, they won't land you a feature article in FWW but they are terrific for a multitude of applications. Ditto to the coarse for softer woods/ply and fine for the hardwoods.

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
And here it is! My cool newly minted woodbin. LOL I used up some ole spruce 1x's for the "cage'. My poor dogs thought it was for them. LOL

Attachments

• Wood Bin.jpg
    Wood Bin.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 260

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Looking good, that should hold a bunch of stock. Reminds me of my first cut-off/shorts & scrap bin that I made. Still in service to date :-D

Dave:)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Nice looking stock bin Anna. I bet your dogs were relieved when they saw you stacking all your wood in it.

D L

wapitiscat

New User
Todd Earnhardt
Another positive review for the Kreg pocket hole jig. I have the two-holer and love it for quick joinery and face frames. Enjoy!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Anna,

Really like your wood bin! :eusa_clap (I built one last year as well. I made the mistake of using all 3/4" plywood. It is way too heavy even with casters!:roll: ) Your design allows a better look of what's inside. I have to rummage around inside until I find a cutoff that I can use.

That Kreg is definitely a simple but valuable tool to have around!

Wayne

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Hey that is the FREE POCKET HOLE JIG. Recently, I wanted to get another bit and collar for doing drawers in 1/2" ply. This was to keep from having to reset collar on bit. Priced bit and collar and guess what-the one hole mini jig was cheaper than bit and collar only. That makes it FREE. I have used pocket hole jigs since the 80's. Did a set of cabinets using one made from hard maple. Most people spend enough money on junk to buy the Kreg in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS