Conference Call For The Staff 9/7/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
An important conference call will be held on Tuesday 9/7/10 beginning at 8:00 PM . The topics to be discussed will be the new off topic forum. The new three strike rule. The new infraction software that will control the three strike rule. And any related concerns. The outcome of this conference call should be a structured policy that establishes a set of rules, guidelines, and policies to ensure a consistent moderation policy where personalities and opinions are not a part of moderation. The history of moderation on our site has been closely tied to opinions and emotions. My goal is to set a precedence where we as staff members have a set of rules, policies, and guidelines where there are no emotional responses to any thread or post leading to moderation. In essence, if a thread or post violates policy it should be moderated. If the thread or post is serious in nature, it invokes a strike., "infraction". So please prepare your thoughts and join us on this call. I ask that you all really spend some time thinking about this subject. Most of us have at times moderated out of emotion, and that is probably the worst thing we could do in a community.

See Y'all Tuesday:thumbs_up BOD members are invited as well!!!

Glennbear

Glenn
I find it very strange that no one else has responded to this thread. :icon_scra Anyway, if this is still on, I for one need the bridge information. :wsmile:

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Alas, I won't have the documentation ready for the call.

What I'd ask is sometime before the call, take a look at the profile for froglips_testid.

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/member.php?u=4320

Notice the Infractions tab. You'll see 4 expired Infractions. Also, feel free to click on "Give Infractions" to play with the interface.

Thanks!
Jim

TracyP

Tracy
alas, i won't have the documentation ready for the call.

What i'd ask is sometime before the call, take a look at the profile for froglips_testid.

notice the infractions tab. You'll see 4 expired infractions. Also, feel free to click on "give infractions" to play with the interface.

Thanks!
Jim

we can reschedule for a later date if it fits better!!!! Might even be a good idea

TracyP

Tracy
At this point we are still on. This should be a short call to build on ideas about what an infraction should be consist of.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Can y'all verify the number and passcode we're supposed to call? I tried the one listed in the thread above from two different lines. 1 gives me a voice message saying "this is not a valid number" and the other just rings and rings....

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Jim, as a matter of info prior to the conference call, will the infractions info be available to anyone other than the member or staff? Could I as a member only look at another member's infractions info?

Alas, I won't have the documentation ready for the call.

What I'd ask is sometime before the call, take a look at the profile for froglips_testid.

Notice the Infractions tab. You'll see 4 expired Infractions. Also, feel free to click on "Give Infractions" to play with the interface.

Thanks!
Jim

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
I'm having problems connecting.... It took several tries to get an answer at all. Now I've just entered my passcode and nothing is happening... I'll keep trying, don't wait on me though.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Can y'all verify the number and passcode we're supposed to call? I tried the one listed in the thread above from two different lines. 1 gives me a voice message saying "this is not a valid number" and the other just rings and rings....

(605) 715-4920 and the passcode is 319491

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Great question. Only Admins and Mods can view Infractions.

I'll include the who can/can't in the documentation I promise to write :)

Jim

Jim, as a matter of info prior to the conference call, will the infractions info be available to anyone other than the member or staff? Could I as a member only look at another member's infractions info?

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Somebody needs to wake tracy up!!!! ZZZZZzzzzzzz.....

Great call, thanks for your patience. I'll work on the suggestions and get some documentation whipped up.

Plus, watch for the Video Sensation that is The Bas in 3D

Jim

b4man

New User
Barbara
My apologies for being absent last night. I feel certain whatever was decided will be fine with me.

Barbara

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
sorry I missed it! took a new position with my employer a week ago, and I have been involved in cleaning up the mess left by the previous manager, working 14-15 hour days until things are right.

TracyP

Tracy
Somebody needs to wake tracy up!!!! ZZZZZzzzzzzz.....

Great call, thanks for your patience. I'll work on the suggestions and get some documentation whipped up.

Plus, watch for the Video Sensation that is The Bas in 3D

Jim

Well now that's a little embarrassing.....:embaresse:embaresse Glad I told Bas at the start of the call I was going on two hours sleep from the night before. Y'all gotta fill me in on what I missed. Glad I got my stuff out of the way first. Sorry guys. Insomnia stinks....... Used to take medicine for it, but it made me sleepy all the time:swoon::swoon:.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Have you tried Valerian Root, available in some supermarket/ drugstores?

cskipper

Cathy
:embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed: Well, not only did I miss the post and call - I missed it by a lot of days. my since apologies! Since I am not working I seem to be unaware of what's going on - everywhere! I am doing a lot of scrolling, and unintentional dozing (Tracy, I agree with the aggravation insomnia causes) done, but not much else. I promise to be more attentive. :embarrassed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS