Compass rose table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
I just got the legs turned and the skirt cut out and started dry fitting. I need to do some more tweaking on the M&T joints and cut out the 2 1/2" banding for the top. This may take a while as my productivity goes way down in hot weather. Also, the origional that I'm tring to emulate has reeding on the tapered part of the legs. Has anyone ever tried reeding and whats the best way or should I not press my luck and let them alone?

Attachments

• 100_0274.jpg
    100_0274.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 210

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
wow...that is gorgeous!!! I can't wait to see it finished with a 'finish' on it! What are you going to use?

Chris

nelsone

New User
Ed
Great looking table Larry. Does your lathe have an indexing head? If sou, could you built a jig and use a router to add the reeding? Haven't done this, but I think I have seen someone post something like this process.

DavidF

New User
David
Really nice looking table Larry. As for the reeding? only you know whether it needs it:lol: it looks great as it is.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Larry, I can't comment on your luck . . . but your skill is evident. I really look forward to seeing a finish on this one. :icon_thum

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS