Community THANK YOU

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
We are getting there ... much more to do. We need 500 to 600 to visit multiple hospitals. Right now in my shop we have 120 jewelry angels and and 150 standup angels. Much thanks to Mark, Rich, Scott, Gene, John and Pete For those busy working on some, please let me know what I can expect by 1st week of June.
E1C03EDA-F14C-45A3-BF99-747124FFE838.jpeg

the original post is here. https://ncwoodworker.net/forums/ind...you-project-task-list-added.69710/post-649819

Let me know if you want to help

Thanks

Tgillis

Tonika
Corporate Member
We are getting there ... much more to do. We need 500 to 600 to visit multiple hospitals. Right now in my shop we have 120 jewelry angels and and 150 standup angels. Much thanks to Mark, Rich, Scott, Gene, John and Pete For those busy working on some, please let me know what I can expect by 1st week of June.
View attachment 193940

the original post is here. https://ncwoodworker.net/forums/ind...you-project-task-list-added.69710/post-649819

Let me know if you want to help

Thanks
I'm going to have at least 20 with a goal of 50

Tgillis

Tonika
Corporate Member
I turned 20 and decided to do something different with the last 30, since we needed notes to go with them, i thought why not make something they could keep in their wallets or pockets as a reminder so I made cards engraved with angels and Thank You notes. I have 10 card angels complete and am currently working on the others. My engraver takes approximately 30 minutes per card so I will hve them complete tomorrow.
20200530_235902.jpg

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
It looks like it will be at least 3-4 weeks before I will be able to take any scroll sawing or turning--thumb is still quite sensitive after the table saw accident. After that I should be back up to speed with those machines.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
It looks like it will be at least 3-4 weeks before I will be able to take any scroll sawing or turning--thumb is still quite sensitive after the table saw accident. After that I should be back up to speed with those machines.
Sorry for your injury and I hope you are healing well.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Thank you Richard and everyone else for your kind wishes. The thumb is coming along very well, the top of the wound, or entrance wound is almost all knit back together, but the bottom, or exit wound in another matter. There will be a hole where some meat ended up in a streak on my T-shirt and on the surface sander behind me, which I was surprised at, as well as amused that I could make that much of a grisly scene, along with the blood trail exiting the scene of the savage butchery--maybe I should write a murder mystery based upon the evidence left at the scene. Anyhow, it happens faster than the blink of an eye; with nearly 70 years of woodworking and construction experience with no accidents, I got "comfortable," and careless for just a second or less. Never lose that respect and caution for your tools and machinery.
And everybody said "AMEN!"

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Thought I'd add a few pictures of the items that several members of the Western NC Woodworkers Association put together to give as thanks to front line nurses and support personnel at Mission Hospital in Asheville and Pardee Hospital in Hendersonville. A total of 97 Kleenex box enclosures, small carving boards, cell phone stands, angels and lamps were delivered last week for distribution to the hospitals (unopened boxes of tissue was provided for each enclosure). Most of the wood was contributed from the cutoff bins at Brian Boggs Chairmakers and Brian and Melanie Boggs were instrumental in making the distribution process work. Here are some pictures:

IMG_3655.JPG

IMG_3654.JPG

IMG_3658.JPG

IMG_3649.JPG

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Big KUDOS to WNC Woodworkers Association and the always wonderful and great McRabbet for an excellent effort. Now if I could possibly whip the Western Piedmont Woodcrafters in Hickory into this great endeavor. Sure wish we had a stronger group of NC Woodworkers in the Unifour Area, we could work wonders here as well!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS