Christmas Presents

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsjordan

New User
Joel Jordan
Well, the elves have been burning the midnight oil getting this project ready for delivery tonight. :eusa_danc It is a doll bed for my 6 year-old grandaughter Rachel and is sized (I hope) :eusa_pray to fit the American Girl doll she is getting from Santa.

It was a fun project and is basically a full-sized pencil post bed done in 1/4 scale. My first attempt at mortise and tenon joinery and I think it came out pretty good. Hope she likes it! :eusa_danc

btw - LOML (Mrs Claus) gets FULL credit for the bed linens and mattress!! :wink_smil

Bare Frame

Doll_Bed_-_painted.jpg

With Linens

Doll_Bed_with_linens.jpg

and here one of two Cookbook stands I made for LOML and for my daughter-in-law

cookbook_stand_-_front.jpg

and finally the first in a batch of clocks I am making from the plans in the Nov 2008 WOOD magazine... luckily these won't be delivered until after Christmas so I've still got time! :eusa_danc

Desk_Clock_in_Progress.jpg

I'm off to hit the egg nog! :eek:ccasion1 Merry Christmas !! :icon_thum

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
:icon_thum Nicely done, Joel.

A bit of plexiglass to keep the ingredients off the pages, eh? :widea:

jsjordan

New User
Joel Jordan
Thanks Tom! Exactly.. the plans call for glass but LOML said she would prefer plexi... I expect it will be retro-fittted with glass at some point but you know what happens if Mama aint happy! :rolf: JJ

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Very, Very Nice. She will be happy, and I am anxiously awaiting the finished clock pics:eusa_danc.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Oh yeah, the doll bed is totally charming :icon_thum
And the clock has great design and the wood is beautiful. Is it lacewood?

Roger

jsjordan

New User
Joel Jordan
Thanks for the compliments . :embaresse

The clock is Leopard wood with curly maple for the base but it looks just like lacewood to me.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Wow!! Can't let my 6 year old see that bed!

Well, I need to make one..... Joel, will you share the measurements please?

jsjordan

New User
Joel Jordan
Hey Travis -

Sure, I'll be glad to share the measurements. I believe I've still got a copy of the headboard and footboard pattern also. It'll take some figurin as I didn't think to draw plans as I went :eusa_doh: but I'll take some measurements as soon as I can get the bed away from it's new owner for a few minutes. :wink_smil

Rachel_with_Her_New_Doll_Bed.jpg

T

toolferone

Okay, so If I make the bed can I get your wife to make all the other stuff. She did a great job on the linens and canopy! It looks like you might have problems borrowing it back from it's new owner.

jsjordan

New User
Joel Jordan
You'll have to negotiate with LOML for the linens Tom. :mrgreen: She did do a wonderful job and the linens are what really make the bed special

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Great job Joel :icon_thum- I know what I am going to be doing as soon as the twin granddaughters get here -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS