cedar posts in charlotte area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtdums

New User
Jim
Anyone have luck finding 6"x6" cedar posts in the charlotte area? I need to build an arbor asap. Thanks all.
-Jim

Makinsawdust

New User
Robert
Jim,
The best place is just north of Lenior and it's called Boone Lumber. They bring in rail car loads from the west coast of western red cedar and douglas fir for the log home builders. They will have any size you want. I have bought both WRC and DF from them. They have the best prices around due to them being a wholesaler. I don't have their info with me at the moment but you can find it via switchboard.com.
The other option is to talk to 84 Lumber and have them order it for you. I believe they get theirs from Mid-Atlantic Cedar, a wholesale only yard in Matthews/Stallings area. Don't bother calling Mid-Atlantic they won't sell to you. I have a legit, commercial woodshop a few miles from them and they won't sell to me. They're protecting their 84 Lumber and Lowes accounts the best I can tell.
Hope this helps.
Rob

jtdums

New User
Jim
Unfortunately, Boone is also apparently only a wholesaler so they won't sell to me even though I'm a contractor. Thanks for the tip though. I'm still in search of cedar if anyone knows of a yard that stocks any.

Makinsawdust

New User
Robert
Sorry Jim! They never ask me for proof of any kind. My brother, which is a GC up in Boone area, is the one that put me on to them. He bought DF from them the last I knew. I'll have to ask him what's up with them.
Rob

J

jeff...

Jim, I got your email about ERC 6x6-12 and a bunch of 2x6 and 2x8's, if you'll send me a cutting list, I'll put in a custom cutting order with Ted. Just make sure you give actual sizes, some people are a little surprised when they order 2x's and they come a full 2 inches thick. I think they are used to BORG 2x's which are 1 1/2 inches thick.

I spoke with Ted today and he's pretty sure he can find time to have it cut by the end of next week, the price for ERC is $1.05 a BF.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors