Carolina Waterfowl Rescue needs help fom Woodworkers

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Steve, explain to him how great he wood feel helping us out, and we can help him by reducing his pile :}:}:}:} and greatly appreciate his donation lmao

DaltonEdmonds

New User
Dalton
Might be able to talk to local Lowe’s / Home Depot and see what they can do. Given the cause they might be willing to donate or discount some materials. Also might look into getting “culled” material. If you get along with the guys/ gals in the lumber department they have authority to mark materials as culled even if it has minor defects. Might have to get extra material but depending on how much the culled discount is (75% off at my Lowes) It could still lead to good savings.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
I will check next time I am there. we have to decide if we want to, how many we want to make. FIRST we need to know IF they even want them any more.

AllanD

Allan
Corporate Member
If someone can access the material I will be glad to host several volunteers in my shop to make the boxes assembly line style. I live in the Indian Trail area so it would be easy to deliver them.

FWIW, I built my couple of wood duck boxes of Western Red Cedar. It's been a while so don't remember where I purchased it or how much it cost. I suspect around $4 a bd foot so probably more than what has been mentioned above.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS