Carolina Waterfowl Rescue needs help fom Woodworkers

Matt Furjanic

Matt
Senior User

Below are 2 links on How to build a proper Wood Duck Box:
• Here is a link from SC Department of Natural Resources on Wood Duck Box Construction:

Maybe this youtube link better or just google "how to make a wood duck box."
Sent from my iPad

Last edited:

Matt Furjanic

Matt
Senior User
Thank you for the additional links. If anyone wants to send these to the Rescue in Indian Trail, they can pony express them to anyone nearby Monroe, Indian Trail or South Charlotte. I will pick them up and get them to the Rescue location. Thank You!

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Maybe this is a good platform for a workshop session? (kind of like the Urn build day that Phil hosted recently?)

Does anyone know if they would take "flat packs" and assemble them on their end?

jcz

Johnny
Corporate Member
I recently hosted a Boy Scout troop to build wood duck boxes. It is a very easy project to get going. It’s the putting them up and maintaining them that takes work.

jcz

Johnny
Corporate Member
I should mention, I’m also chairman of my delta waterfowl chapter. Whoever is heading up the project could contact the local DWF and they may be able to help.

Matt Furjanic

Matt
Senior User
How many and when? how do we do delivery?
How Many: As many as you would like to donate. They need a bunch.
When: ASAP
Deliver directly to them, or if you are not nearby, have them pony expressed to anyone in the South Charlotte area and I will pick them up, and get them to the rescue.

Matt Furjanic

Matt
Senior User
Maybe this is a good platform for a workshop session? (kind of like the Urn build day that Phil hosted recently?)

Does anyone know if they would take "flat packs" and assemble them on their end?
I checked with them, and "flat packs" are acceptable. We can assemble them. Thanks, Matt...

Skymaster

New User
Jack
who here lives closest to Wilmington? We have a contact there who mills cypress, which wood bee my go to wood

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Not sure they would need all the boxes we could make. This is a rather small facility as these places go. Nonetheless, I'm commuting daily to the Tega Cay/Baxter Village area for work from Monroe so I'd be able to pick up from along or near my commute and deliver. I could even go as far as Rock Hill or Steele Creek, Harrisburg to pick up boxes.

Matt Furjanic

Matt
Senior User
The Carolina Waterfowl Rescue is not limited to the facility in Indian Trail. The boxes are for use in the large Crooked Creek Wildlife Sanctuary facility in Bennettsville, South Carolina. The sanctuary is a collaboration between Hanson Aggregates and Carolina Waterfowl Rescue to make 300 acres of wildlife habitat in prime nesting areas. THEY NEED LOTS OF BOXES. Its a huge area!

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
the DNR instructions don't have the "cuts" on the inside face of the box like he shows in the video, but that seems logical to me - along with the oval hole rather than a large round hole??? also isn't it weird that the front is 12 inches wide and the back is 10 inches wide (or do I need to increase my prescription) i didn't print it out, I am looking at it on the screen, but couldn't zoom in...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS