Carbide bandsaw blades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
For re-sawing I use the Wood Slicer from Highland Hdwr. I've never been able to convince myself to pay the money for a carbide blade. But then I'm just cheap. :gar-La;

Bill

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I bought mine from another woodworker who got it from Laguna. It's their 1" Resaw King. If you're in the market, Sawmill Creek members are being offered a special price on the 3/4" version. $150 for 2 blades up to 180", $200 for >180". I don't know if you have to be member to see this: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=1422020#poststop
It's in the Deals and Discounts section.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
I have a 1" Laguna Resaw King that I picked up when they were having a big sale, back in the spring, I think? I love it so much I rarely take it off. It leaves a much smoother cut than any other blade I've used...so much that I've started using the bandsaw for cross-cuts when the table saw is tied up :>

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
I have both a 1/2" and a 1" Lenox TriMaster and could not be happier. You can find these on Ebay for cheap. Don't worry about length as long as they are longer than you need. Very easy to cut to size and weld. If you get lucky you may find one twice as long as you need.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I have a dull Lenox Tri-Master and two sharp Laguna Resaw Kings. The Lenox blade has been awesome, and the only reason it is now dull and needs sharpening is because I turned my saw on without having the blade tight and then it rubbed the front of the metal frame of my bandsaw and dulled it....:cry_smile

The Resaw kings are good blades, but to me, they are not quite the same caliber as the Lenox. Still, for $90 less, I am not complaining.

I cut everything with the carbide blades. For that matter, when I got my big bandsaw, I ordered a variety of blades for it including the Lenox. 4 years later, I have never run anything on it but a carbide tipped blade. I use them for resawing, rough cutting, cutting tenon cheeks, ripping parts to size, just about anything imaginable.

To be fair, I have a 14" bandsaw I use for curve cutting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS