But would they come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Scott , As I have not seen your new shop yet, please sign me up for the class at your place. Thanks

cskipper

Cathy
I would be happy to help out and/or conduct one myself. The only reason I haven't offered before is that I didn't know how we'd have scroll saws available to attendees. My other drawbacks to conducting one here (Forest City) is the dogs - not sure how they'd be with new folks, and I'm not sure that I am a great teacher. I will soon have both saws in Forest City.

TBone

New User
Tommy
Wow this has been a great response. It is shaping up to be at least 3 sessions. One at my shop, one in the Raleigh area and one in either the Liberty/Pittsboro area (thanks Bill and Bobby). Let me check my calendar and start suggesting dates. We will not start until after the 1st and the first will likely be here at my place.

Scott,

I would be interested depending on dates. Just had knee surgery, so getting around currently is slow. But I bought a used Hegner and am itching to know how to use it.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
For the first sessions how does January 21st or January 28th sound at my place. If enough folks are willing I will do both dates. I have 3 saws so I would like to limit the group to 4 people per session so there is plenty of hands on time. That is of unless you will bring your own saw to use. After that I am thinking mid February in Raleigh and then March in either Pittsboro or Liberty.

January Attendees:
CDPeters (either date)
Jeff Mills (either date)
Phil S (either date)
RandyJ (either date)

Last edited:

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I would also like to come - I've have a delta scroll saw my wife bought for me new over 5 years ago and I'm embarrassed to say that I can't figure out how to put the blade in the thing. I'm pretty good at figuring things out like that but this thing is weird, I remember it sounded like a sewing machine when I turned it on once. It's now covered in dust in the corner of my shop. The only directions that came with the saw are in Chinese and I don't speak or read that language - so I'm stumped.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Scott, I can do either date as well. If the first date is already full, put me down for the second one.
Thanks for your generous offer.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Scott, I talked to Cathy a few days ago and there is so much interest that perhaps we can get together and work out details for a demonstration that any of us could conduct. I will mail the materials I put together, to you, and Cathy, and Barbara after the weekend. I might suggest we could possibly get all 4 of us together around Greensboro at a convenient time. I plan to be off all this coming week, until after the first.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Mills, don't be embarrassed! I've got one that I bought over 5 years ago that's still in the box!! :embarrassed:

I just don't know if I have the patience for all that blade changing!:dontknow:

I would also like to come - I've have a delta scroll saw my wife bought for me new over 5 years ago and I'm embarrassed to say that I can't figure out how to put the blade in the thing. I'm pretty good at figuring things out like that but this thing is weird, I remember it sounded like a sewing machine when I turned it on once. It's now covered in dust in the corner of my shop. The only directions that came with the saw are in Chinese and I don't speak or read that language - so I'm stumped.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Right now it is looking like the following folks want to give this a go this month at my shop in Littleton, NC. There is room for another person to join this group. I would like to try on the January 21st date with January 28th as a back up. Any takers?

- RandyJ
- Phil S
- Jeff Mills
- CDPeters

Also the following folks expressed an interest but not sure they want to drive to my place.
- TBone ???
- Arnie ????
- gfernandez ????
- goldfdad ????
- jhreed ????

Last edited:

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Scott,
I vote for the 21st. Something has come up on the 28th that would prevent my being there.
Thanks again for offering to do this.
Regards,

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
OK - the 21st is marked on the Peters family fridge calandar - that makes it official :rotflm:
Scott - do you need me to do anything - prep & bring material? Whatcha need?

C.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Scott I had responded early on in the post...Im still intersted....any location works for me if you can still get me in..Thanks:eusa_danc

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Scott, for those further west of you, my shop can be available anytime you want it, if you still want to do more workshops later. Just let me know.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS