business card holder *pic*

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhett

New User
rhett
Just finished this business card holder. Client for whom I did some work wants my card in his reception/waiting area. Thought I would do something a little over the top to get peoples attention. It is made of maple and utile'. Sorry for the dark pics.

Attachments

• bc1.jpg
    bc1.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 212
  • bc2.jpg
    bc2.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 206
  • bc3.jpg
    bc3.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 212

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Very cool. Tell us more on how you shaped it, especially the middle support. Excellent work, and it would definitely catch my eye.
Dave:)

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Oh, wow, that is a really cool artistic design, Rhett. I like the wood choice too.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Chuck

J

jeff...

Very cool - really like the freeform artist design :icon_thum

rhett

New User
rhett
Very cool. Tell us more on how you shaped it, especially the middle support. Excellent work, and it would definitely catch my eye.
Dave:)

Much like the box handles I make, 80% of the shaping was done on the radius end of a belt/disc sander with 50 grit paper. Followed ofcourse by finer grits. Just a matter of spinning the piece by hand to get it round and make the cool "knuckle" shapes. Initail rough out was done on a band saw.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Lot of WOW factor in the card holder :icon_thum
That's not woodworking, it's sculpture :lol:

Roger

Last edited:

rhett

New User
rhett
Lot of WOW factor in the card holder :icon_thum
That's not woodworking, it's scuplture :lol:

Roger
And to think, my mother though getting a degree in sculpture was a waste of money.:-D Atleast it was fun...from what I remember.

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Man thats moer than COOL. Thats plum COLD. Great work. Turn A wwer lose and no telling what you might get.:icon_thum :icon_thum :icon_thum :icon_thum :icon_thum :icon_thum

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Man! that is really sharp! You never know when you take something on like that if it is going to turn out cool or look really odd...it's a fine line, imho, but if you get on the right side of it, you create a one of a kind piece of art! Nice job...I love it...especially the side view.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS