Building Your own T-Square Fence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodsaw

New User
Qui
I found an article about building the T-square table saw fence. It gives detail drawing and steps needed for building one. The total material cost is only $76.00. Please free to download the file.
Enjoy reading. If anyone builds one, please share it with us. Have a nice weekend.

Qui

Attachments

• Building Your Own T-Square Table-Saw Fence.pdf
    769.3 KB · Views: 270

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Thanks Qui. That is a very in-depth. step by step article. I already have a Biesemeyer fence but would be interested also in hearing how it turns out if anyone decides to build one.

D L

sapwood

New User
Roger
Thanks for the post Qui! I really need a new tablesaw fence, but metal working is not one of my skills :-?

Bruce (Junquecol) has done something like this, so hopefully he will chime in on his experience.

Roger

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Woodsaw said:
I found an article about building the T-square table saw fence. It gives detail drawing and steps needed for building one. The total material cost is only $76.00. Please free to download the file.
Enjoy reading. If anyone builds one, please share it with us. Have a nice weekend.

Qui
Thanks for posting that.
FYI, the best procedure for something like that is to upload to our download library. A month from now, it will be easier to find there. Then just post a message like you did, except reference our download library

Thanks.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
wow, good piece. I'm filing it away for when Michael gets back, he's got a welder, and the know-how to use it.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
:eusa_dancA Tee Square fence is really easy to build. Metals Online or Metals Supermarkets will cut parts for you. Over on Woodnet.net around the first week or so of Jan 06 is a post on building one. Do a search using my name, but make it junque col, as two words. For some unknown reason, that is how they have me listed. Probably the hardest part is getting holes in front tube and rail right. Lucky for me I have a neighbor who has a Bridgeport mill for drilling holes. Cam from old Delta Jet lock fence works. Welding actually takes less than 15 minutes. There are six welds that are 1 1/2 inches long, and two that are 3 inches long. I have built about a half dozen of them. Some where here I have a set of plans that include deminsions for mounting on a Delta saw. Built my first ones when I was teaching school in Durham. Built two for less than $100. Current shop teacher thanks me everytime he sees me. Tubes on those are 12Ga, rather 14Ga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS