Buffalo wood cutting bandsaws??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Tony, according to OWWM site the bandsaw was probably made in Taiwan during 80s. This link may give you a start.

Good luck,
Roger

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Roger, great minds think alike. Some just faster than others :lol: :lol: :lol: :-D :-D :-D :-D

Dave:)

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I remember Buffalo stuff, my father had/has some of it. At one time, I think Agri supply carried it. As Roger said, I believe it is made in Taiwan. If you are needing parts for it, I would guess that a lot of the Grizzly stuff is interchangeable with it.

tonyps

New User
Tony
Evening and thanks for the reply!!! I have been trying to go the "inexpensive route" to replacing my aging and barebones Craftsman bandsaw. I get about 4 hours use between parts repalcements.
Being retired military, not much dough for replacements (whine, whine...) when I need em....A guy on ebay has an old 14" Buffalo for $75.00, out in Georgia...I thought I would get as much info as possible to attempt to make an educated (??) assessment on it....The Mrs and I head out that way on occassion to see her sister, so would not be real far out of the way if it turned out to be a good deal....But looking at the info in the link provided, might not be the way to go...:crybaby2:
Anyhow, thanks again!!! Probably an opportune time to start stashing the dough for one of the fancy Grizzly models!!! :eusa_pray
Tony ...

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I would vote no. It will probably need a lot of work and money. You could do better for less overall costs including necessary repairs/upgrades. My .02 FWIW.

tonyps

New User
Tony
Evening,
Thanks for all the input on the bandsaw, folks! I have decided to listen to the little voice in my head (and the much louder ones outside..smile) and hold off on this "bargain" bandsaw....sometimes a good thing is not a good thing, ya know! :eusa_thin
Best to all,
Tony ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors