Broken Bit/ Broken wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
A while back I posted a blank called OOPS!
This was made from walnut and maple with walnut and maple veneers
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9297

Though the blank did not "go" where I wanted it to a very good friend, Broken Bit, liked it and asked if he could turn it.
I have been busy making blanks for pens for the Washington fountain pen show and also doing a couple of custom orders.
I had no intentions of tossing it but it wasn't something I was going to take the time to turn it now.
Broken Bit did, and did it proud.(Bernie had the rough blank and needed to gauze and drill it, no easy task, there was NO room for error with this blank as it measure 4&1/8th inches of useable pattern. (I am being generous with the 1/8th)
(Broken Bit is quite a pen blank maker and pen crafter.We speak on the phone a couple of times a week and kick ideas around)
Allow me to present
Broken Bits, Broken Wave.
2190911BerniePens020.jpg

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Eagle, I wish I could make mistakes as well as you. I am glad that it got made into a pen, the pattern offset makes it unique. You could say you planned it that way

Dave:)

nelsone

New User
Ed
Dang it Eagle! You keep putting pics of these cool pens and I want to try and make some of them! I'm glad this got made into a pen also, I thought the blank looked great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS