Box with HANDLE finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I like the finish and wood selection. I wouldn't have gone handle but will admit it looks darn good. :icon_thum

I'm not sure about the exposed pins...I want to finish tapping them into the box so the legs sit flush...same with the handle. However, I'll admit it makes the box look unique. As usual, your workmanship is superb.

Rocket Man! a new moniker?? :lol: :lol:

Chuck

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Thanks to everyone for the comments. I was glad to tell my wife, for the first time, that she was wrong...people do like my funky box.

D L, I finish all my boxes, lately, with a coat of spray shellac inside and out, then finish the outside of the box with several coats of spray lacquer.

WG, I am leaning more towards your thoughts on the pins in the handle. I copied that from the Stowe box that I got the legs from, but I want to finish driving them all the way in. I might have to take the cutoff wheel on my Dremel to them.

Steve thanks, you rarely comment on my projects.

Dave:)

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
Dave, I would say take your spider box and place it on your side of the dresser and use it. The design is yours and beautiful. I like the way you attached the legs.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Lorraine, that's funny because that is where it currently resides. My wife said it was too ugly to put out on my display table behind the couch. I am trying to decide if I am proud enough of it to send to my Dad for his B-day :eusa_thin
Thanks for your comments,
Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS