BoD Voting honors system....

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I wanted to remind those of us with Admin access that we are on our honor not to look into the Board Election results.

We've implemented as many restrictions as was practical.

Only the Secretary has access to the results. The Board and any Admin/Mods do not.

We've implemented a number of secondary controls to help ensure things run smoothly.

In reality, I wanted to make this point so we don't inadvertently mess around with the Webtemplate, Form or database tables involved.

Please do not work on any issues reported. Work through Scott Smith.

The voting is open until the May 21st.

As the great and wise "Uncle Ben" (not of rice fame) once said, "With great power comes great responsibility."

Jim

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Jim, thanks much for the gentle reminder.

Admins, thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Scott

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Quick question: Do we have the total number of Corporate Members that are eligible to vote as of the time the election opened? This is not critical, I was just wondering.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
So, with ~4,300 members on the rolls, Corporate members equate out to ~4% of the total membership........

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
So, with ~4,300 members on the rolls, Corporate members equate out to ~4% of the total membership........

Yeah, I was surprised by the number too. Should we do more to promote the corporate memeber opt in? Perhaps a lot of our members don't realize they need to do this or have forgotten that they opted out in the past? It may be too late for this election but 183 seems like a VERY low number.

Travis

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Actually from a historical view the number is not surprising. We have always had a much smaller number of corporate members as compared to general members. A lot of people opt out or never complete the process. A couple have passed away.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
As a newbie I have no historical view. Still.. do think it's worth being more intentional about raising the memberships awareness of the benefits of corporate membership? I'd guess a lot of the folks on the board don't realize they're not members. After reading this thread I wasn't sure, I had to go back and did through my profile since I vaugely rememberd some question about membership when I originally signed up....

TRavis

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
As a newbie I have no historical view. Still.. do think it's worth being more intentional about raising the memberships awareness of the benefits of corporate membership? I'd guess a lot of the folks on the board don't realize they're not members. After reading this thread I wasn't sure, I had to go back and did through my profile since I vaugely rememberd some question about membership when I originally signed up....

TRavis
Bear in mind that we have many inactive accounts. Out of the 4,000, only about 1,000 show any significant activity, and only 390 show up often enough to be DQ. Still very low, but not quite as low.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Bear in mind that we have many inactive accounts. Out of the 4,000, only about 1,000 show any significant activity, and only 390 show up often enough to be DQ. Still very low, but not quite as low.

Ahh, yeah, that puts it in perspective a bit better....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS