Biscuit Problem? or Not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Wilkins

Mike
Corporate Member
You will find some slight variation in thickness of biscuits no matter who made them or where purchased. As others have stated, make sure to store them in an air tight container. I still like the plastic jars that the Porter Cable biscuits come in. And another important point is to make sure to secure the workpiece when plunging the machine into the wood; and not just with your hand. I have had work shift in my hand from the force of the cutter. This will make a difference in your accuracy. Stay safe and watch those fingers. :thumbs_up

JOHN THE REB

New User
JOHN
I'm inclined to believe that it was not the biscuits but I had a damaged (warped) blade. First, let me state I am not a quality control expert. However I do understand TOLERANCE STACK. I think what I was experiencing was a combination of a warped blade(making the cut wider) and the teeth on the blade not being true(increasing the width of cut). This gave me a wider cut than it was supposed to be, thus causing me to believe the biscuits were bad and fitting sloppy. This was probably due to the fact that the previous owner did something (I have no idea) which created this problem. I am using Bosch biscuits I purchased from Lowes.
I'll wait until I get my new blade and will post the results.

Thank all of you for your comments. This is one of the finest forums I have visited since being online for about 10-15 years. Thanks for letting this SC redneck on board.:icon_thum

john

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS