birdhouse commision

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
my bossman wanted a special gift for his girlfriends grandfather. The man is a retired doctor and a graduate of Clemson. He is really into birdhouses and they wanted something unique for him. I tossed around a lot of ideas, initially planning an old time dr's office facade. I don't know what made me think of a medicine show wagon but I'm glad I went with it :mrgreen: The entire project is my own design and creation and was kind of a figure-it-out-as-you-go project. This is cypress I got from Ivey a long time ago and have been hoarding. The cedar I milled from some trunk pieces I have laying around ....I hoard cedar too :gar-Bi Took me about 3 weekends to complete . The back is screwed on for cleaning in the unlikely even that a bird will actually move into it :rolf:

birdhouse11.jpg

View image in gallery

I will be delivering it tomorrow ( Monday ) but it will be hard to let it go :wsad:

thanx for lookin' :mrgreen:

Last edited:

Russ Denz

New User
Russ
Looks like you need to make some detailed drawings (for later...and friends) before you give it to the Doc. Truly creative and well-done!!
Russ

p.s.: as already mentioned, don't forget the "cat" scan lab to hang below the birdhouse :icon_thum

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
That is sweet, and an awesome job. :icon_thum

Now does any of that pick-me-up tonic come with it? :gar-La;

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
And They just announced the calendar contest in time for that amazingly thought out piece:notworthy::notworthy:.

wdkits1

New User
Mike
Great project Robert
I would definitely make some patterns for future use.
Beautifully done:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

cskipper

Cathy
You are so very talented!! Very clever and appropriate - I am sure he will love it - and you will have to start making birdhouses! Definitely a calender entry.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Everything everybody else said I feel!

That is the best bird house I've seen yet!:eusa_clap

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Bro, when I read the title, I thought, "bird house, OK, I made one of those in elementary school..." :cool: Only you could take something so simple and turn it into something so.... well, totally awesome! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Big Bro: If'n I wuz a boid, I'd be chirpin' happy to move into that!! :icon_thum BEAUTIFUL! :eusa_clap

You still da man!! :wsmile:B]

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Big Bro: If'n I was a boid, I'd be chirpin' happy to move into that! :icon_thum You still da man!! BEAUTIFUL!:eusa_clap:wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS