Been there, done that

Status
Not open for further replies.

cc194217

New User
Mark
Hi, Everyone,, found this site while looking for my favorite thing....wood... as usual i bought what I thought I needed plus 20%...but more damage than I thought to my boat.. so used up my extra... I live in Cleveland, this is between Statesville/Salisbury. Between my father and I, we have lots of toys. This is too include a Woodmizer..so all ya'll out there who buy 8/4 and 4/4 we can help you make smaller planks..and yes it is on a trailer. Been in woodworking most of my life, mostly on the side. Right now my time is spend restoring a 1942 Chris Craft. I do have other big toys like a tractor... complete w/bucket, augar and scrape blades. Need some work done in your yards? haha... Glad to have found this site and will enjoy the pictures of all the projects by other members.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome Mark from another Rowan County member. Great to have you on the site. If you need some wood you are close to one of our members that has a great supply of wood. His ad is to the right and it is The Woodworking Source. Great wood and a super person to deal with. And again, welcome to the site.

RobS.

Robert Slone
Senior User
Welcome, but i'm afraid we'll have to have more pictures of rhat boat!!:gar-Bi

cc194217

New User
Mark
oh ok.....haha just for info... only 250 screws in the top deck.. had to remove all... and 500 screws on each side... all stainless. then 1000 bungs to cut for the sides... have to figure out how to get an attachment attached now...

cc194217

New User
Mark
got some pictures put up on Faces of..... hope that is where they go...if not please let me know... thanks..

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Pretty Boat!

CC_1942_17_ft_special_runabout.jpg

M

McRabbet

Welcome to our happy sawdust pile, Mark -- glad you found us and we'll look forward to hearling and seeing more about your boat ad other projects.

Photos need to be uploaded to an album (unlimited space available for all of us) and then inserted into your thread -- see the FAQ forum for some details or you can use the new Green Icon above to help find them in your album. We do not allow attachments as they are too limiting and cumbersome to mainage. Many of us have organized our pictures in several albums below our main one -- the Faces of NC Woodworker album is for mug shots only, but we encourage everone to post theirs there so we know you don't look like a big white coated dog like me!

cc194217

New User
Mark
okay... got some pic's uploaded to an album under my userid... hope that is where they go... enjoy!!!

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Greetings! Sure is a nice looking boat (if you handn't heard that before). Sounds like you have lots of practice working with stainless steel screws :) Thats just a lot of work, I think.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors