Corporate Member
Just couldn't handle the heat this summer. Shop upgrades in progress:
Unknown.jpeg
Unknown-4.jpeg

Unknown-2.jpeg

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Climate control in the shop is good for the body, mind and soul...I think your tools will also be appreciative. Congrats!!

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
@ Donn,
Yep. Next year hopefully for climate control. Still have some work to do sealing up a 10' X 40' bi-fold door, :oops:

Dee2

Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
It's all closed cell. Not expecting much noise reduction.

I've spent the last week up and down ladders installing new lights and supports and reinstalling dust collection piping. I'm tired.

skiz2331

Mike
User
It's all closed cell. Not expecting much noise reduction.

I've spent the last week up and down ladders installing new lights and supports and reinstalling dust collection piping. I'm tired.
Are you able to give an estimate of how many sqft/bdft and the cost? And did you have it done or did you buy kits and DYI? Thanks

Last edited:

Dee2

Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Are you able to give an estimate of how many sqft/bdft and the cost? And did you have it done or did you buy kits and DYI? Thanks
I contracted for the foam. Spray foam prices are regionally based and factors such as foam thickness, travel, etc. And, I did the top half three walls and the gable over the bifold hanger door. 3" in ceiling, 2" on the walls. I'll just say the spray foam was ~$6K cheaper than adding fiberglass which was a lot more labor. I'm thinking 2 drums each of the 2 part foam mix but not sure. Great job by Danny Ford, owner of Modern Insulation in Augusta GA. We can talk at the picnic if you would like more details.

@ Scott, 40 gallons of paint. Fire retardant over the foam and white over the red iron for a consistent color. Surprised at the thickness of the fire retardant layer.

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS