Been in the buying mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
I have been outfitting my new shop over the last four weeks. I believe in buying used equipment (in good shape) so I am always looking for bargains. Here's what I have purchased so far;

Delta Unisaw - 1 1/2 years old and came with new freud pro dado
Grizzly 2hp dust collector with trash can cyclone and accessories
Porter Cable 24" omni-jig
Delta mortising machine
Hitachi 10" scms with 2 new dewalt 80t blades
JDS 2000 air filter
Porter Cable bisquit joiner (new)
Porter Cable ros (new)
100 bd ft of cherry (s2s)
2 Bessey 60" clamps
Osborne EB-3 (new)

All for $2300

Still looking for a planer, jointer and drill press!

:saw::saw::saw:

Glennbear

Glenn
Nice collection!! You seem to be doing things in the right order. I have been buying machines for 6 months now when they become available used/on sale. The shop is still not completely finished so as a result my machines are still in storage. I keep plugging away on interior completion resisting the urge to rush since this is my "dream shop" and I don't want to end up with any "gee, I wish I had done that differently" Oh yeah, you suck ! :lol:

M

McRabbet

I'd say you've done extremely well for that amount of money -- some might suggest you've stolen some of it (just kidding!). And, [banana]BTW[/banana] [pie]YOU SUCK![/pie]

(Just so you know I'm not "dissing you", you might want to refer to the NC WW Lexicon found under the NC WW Info on the menu bar for my true meaning of that last term!:biggrin:)

toolman

New User
Chad
I have been outfitting my new shop over the last four weeks. I believe in buying used equipment (in good shape) so I am always looking for bargains. Here's what I have purchased so far;

Delta Unisaw - 1 1/2 years old and came with new freud pro dado
Grizzly 2hp dust collector with trash can cyclone and accessories
Porter Cable 24" omni-jig
Delta mortising machine
Hitachi 10" scms with 2 new dewalt 80t blades
JDS 2000 air filter
Porter Cable bisquit joiner (new)
Porter Cable ros (new)
100 bd ft of cherry (s2s)
2 Bessey 60" clamps
Osborne EB-3 (new)

All for $2300

Still looking for a planer, jointer and drill press!

:saw::saw::saw:

Sounds like you have done well. :eusa_clap [evil]BUT NO PHOTOS, IT DIDN'T HAPPEN![/evil]

sapwood

New User
Roger
Geoff, you're getting a lot of "bang for the bucks" :icon_thum
And I'll add that YOU SUCK!
Keep your eye on the classifieds, there are some fine looking deals remaining on the left side of your monitor :lol:

Roger

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
A fine antidote to he buying mode is the "loanin' mode". If only Lillington weren't so far, I would hit you up about borrowing some time on that machinery.:widea:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
[BANANA]Bananaman says: YOU SUCK[/BANANA]

Nice score! Of course, you'll spend another $2300 on router bits, sand paper, DC piping, table saw accessories, glue etc. :)

(pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures)

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Where are the pictures???? I would say very nice money management, but there are no pictures!!!!!

Nice score still!

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
[banana]Bananaman says: YOU SUCK[/banana]

Nice score! Of course, you'll spend another $2300 on router bits, sand paper, DC piping, table saw accessories, glue etc. :)

(pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures)

Here's the rest of the story:

I had a shop set up before I moved to NC but when I moved I gave my machinery to my BL. I kept my routers, router table, chop saw, all my hand held power tools and my hand tools. I also kept all my supplies (screws,sandpaper, etc.)

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
That was smart - keep the stuff that's easy to move, get rid of the backbreaking iron.
But you still suck!

(and we still want pictures :))

Partman

Danny
Corporate Member
Good job on the tools.:icon_thum But :eusa_handno pictures did not happen.:eusa_naug
Pictures Good, Bad, or Bas. We like pictures.

Danny

cpowell

New User
Chuck
So many toys for so few dollars...but...you know the rules..

No pics, didn't happen!!

(Sounds like a steal, I'm more than a little envious :lol: :lol:)

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS