be carfull out there....

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
yeh the heat and a little bit of carelessness got me today. sniped the end of a finger off. only about 1/4" or so and no bone damage [needed to trim them nails anyhow] but man does it hurt! guess I was in a hurry to finish the last 4 cuts before calling it a day. no doctor and back in the shop in 20 minutes and made those cuts with a large bandaged finger. coulda been worse. no pics but it DID happen soo..... y'all be carefull y'here. this is my first cut on the tablesaw due to the blade in over 30 years so dont think you are immune. It can happen.

fred p

M

McRabbet

Sorry to hear of your injury -- y'all gotta be careful of those spinning blades, 'cause they can cut real good! Stay attentive, don't rush, use push sticks and hold-downs and never get your hands within 4" of any blade! Glad it wasn't more serious.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
guess I was in a hurry to finish the last 4 cuts before calling it a day. fred p

Being in a hurry is more dangerous than the saw blade. I am glad to hear that it was only a long lasting manicure and not worse. But it still sucks anyways.
I, knock on wood, haven't had any run in with any running power tool, yet. But every time I pick up a chisel or carving knife I seem to draw blood. I'm sporting the duct taped thumb today, also.

I hope that it wasn't your important communication finger or nasal congestion arrangement finger :eek:

:gar-La;:gar-La;:gar-La;:gar-La;

Dave:)

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Ouch! I hope it will be another 30 years before you slice 1/4" off a finger again. My guess is that the vast majority of accidents happen because people rush things. Applies to a lot of things.

Hope everything heals quickly. Don't forget to clean up, all that iron in your blood will quickly dull the blade :)

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
FredP sorry to hear about your accident. I am glad it was nothign major.

Thanks for the safety reminder. To bad it had to be at your expense.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
yeh its just a ugly little divit. back to typin with one finger so....:gar-La;
SUNP0003.JPG

SUNP0004.JPG

Last edited:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Fred,

I feel your pain! You remember my router incident last year.

I won't say I've never had any type of table saw issue, don't want to jinx myself.

Be sure you keep some antibiotic on that. Infection is much more dangerous than the cut itself.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I felt your pain, WITHOUT the graphic photo's there , Fred!!!:swoon::swoon:

Been there, and I know that the pain is not fun at all! :nah:

Hope it doesn't slow you down too much, but by all means keep it clean and take care. The shop will wait for ya!

Wayne

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Fred,

I feel your pain! You remember my router incident last year.

I won't say I've never had any type of table saw issue, don't want to jinx myself.

Be sure you keep some antibiotic on that. Infection is much more dangerous than the cut itself.

i remember mike! im letting it get some air this eavening. i'll wrap it for bed and redress in the morning. got neopsporin on it. its just gonna be a bit sore for a while. lost a small chunk o meat and trimmed i nail. soon as it was wrapped up i finished the rest of the cuts i was makin and cleaned the saw up. then closed the shop for the day.:gar-Bi

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I jointed my right ring finger a while back...looked very similar to your injury. Mine healed fine and doesn't bother me at all.

Here's wishing you quick healing. Keep it clean.

Chuck

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Fred,

Having mutilated myself twice (first with a table saw blade and second with a jointer, I feel your pain all over again. My fiasco with the jointer looked exactly like your finger. I'm sure it will heal just as well and the permanent numbness in your healed fingertip will remind you to be careful. I'm now convinced I could cut myself with a stick of butter!

Heal quick
Ernie

M

McRabbet

Fred -- time to change your sig line -- we don't need you to sacrifice any remaining digits!! You need to say something more positive like "can you believe those darn tomato plants!"

T

toolferone

I have always said that the "just one more cut is the worst" for said reasons above. Take care and BE CAREFUL

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Fred -- time to change your sig line -- we don't need you to sacrifice any remaining digits!! You need to say something more positive like "can you believe those darn tomato plants!"

:rotflm: you may be on to something there rob!:swoon:

Partman

Danny
Corporate Member
Fred, It is not good to cut nails with TS blade. :nah:

Glad it wasn't more serious.:icon_thum

Danny

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Glad you are ok. I lost two fingertips in 1993 to a wood splitter being in a hurry to get done. I feel your pain.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Those pics really drive home your reminder, Fred. It is good you did not require a trip to the emergency room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS