Bandsaw Worth Pursuing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
A fellow has a bandsaw for sale on Craigslist for $125.00

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/183556556.html

He claims that the motor is shot.:BangHead: From the picture posted, can anyone tell me what model (Delta 14") it is? Looks like an older saw? I was going to check into a replacement motor - approx. cost, or a rebuild before I even take a look. If the motor costs me $100, not sure if I am getting into a range that doesn't make it worthwhile.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Wayne

Ken Weaver

New User
Ken Weaver
Offer him less and see if you can find a used replacement motor. More than that and your question about making it worthwhile is very approriate. I blew up the pic and couldn't tell the model, I think you're right about it being older, but can't tell by how much.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Wayne, it looks like this one, though it may be an older model. Since the motor on this style was 3/4 hp, you would certainly want to upgrade to 1 hp. The new ones are pretty common, I'm pretty sure you can get it at Lowes or Home Despot.

Good luck,
Roger

T

toolferone

Delta model #28-275 and yes I would buy it for $125.00 USA made. It is a solid saw. You can pick up motors all over the place. Ask "Junquecoll"? about a used motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors