Status
Not open for further replies.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I have several of these featherboards from Rockler:
53685-01-500.jpg

The fence on my JET ProShop has a track for bolts (image from the review at Tom's newwoodworker.com web site)
bltsinfnce500.jpg

Any suggestions on how to make the 90 degree connection between the two? I have some ideas, but all of them fairly crude. Best idea so far is a simple wooden block with a nut epoxied in (to attach to a bolt in the fence) and two holes in the block through which the bolts of the featherboard go. But it means the block isn't easy to adjust once tightened down, since you'd have to remove the featherboard.

striker

Stephen
Corporate Member
How ' bout a piece of angle aluminum with some holes in the right places?

Stephen

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
make an L shaped sacrificial fence to use with the top of your fence. route or add a T track to that fence for your feather boards to mount on. if you make the sacrificial fence 1" thick you can still use your cursor. it will be off by 1":gar-Bi

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
How about using a piece of hardwood that is wide enough to span the fence. Glue a second piece to it that will fit between the faces of the fence. Second piece doesn't have to go full depth, as it's only for lateral location. Drill assembly for TEE bolts to attach to fence. On one side (remember it's symetrical) add two "hanger bolts" into holes drilled into the edge of the upper hardwood. Add feather board and knobs. If fence feather boards are too short, then use table ones. Bruce

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Lots of great ideas here! I never would have thought of making an L-shaped fence that fits over the existing fence, or something that spans the width of the fence with a "guide" piece in the middle.
Stephen/ Jim - your ideas were along my original line of thought.

I think I have a good hybrid solution...let me cobble up something and see if it works....

tommyt654

New User
tommyt654
Hey Bas, You problem is similar to one I have, attaching a featherboard to a fence thats not set up for it. I have found a solution thanks to Benchdog, They have a product sold at Rockler for $20 called a T-Loc Accessorys Trac that I believe will solve your problem. I,m using it on my router table fence instaed of putting normal 1/4 inch track in the fence, this simply bolts or screws to the top of the fence flush with the front and has a track for the featherboard. Check it out over at Benchdog, Hope it helps,Tommyt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS