ASTM 2729 Question (McRabbet, Alan in LW)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Guys (particularly Alan in LW, McRabbet) -

I am rearranging the shop and need to do some DC plumbing. I currently use the 6" SDR35 pipe from Lowes 'cause I can't find anyone in the whole of Tidewater that carries 2729:BangHead::BangHead:. Do you guys know of a NC supplier - preferably in zone 5 between Washington and me that carries it? I would really rather use the lighter 2729 if I can find it.

Thanks!
Chris

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member

Yup the JDL in Greenville carries it but the closest to you is in Chesapeake and there is one in Norflok. BUT . . . . . while they will sell to anyone, unless you are a contractor in any line (building, landscape, etc.) or can convince them you are, they will try to charge you more than double, and it will end costing more than Sched 40 at Lowes!!!!

Last week I told a guy (don't know where he lives?) on Sawmill Creek about JDL. When he went there he told them it was for a "job" and he got the contractor price which was $12.90 for a 10' length of 6" S&D ASTM 2729!!!! That is a great price!!! Like I said, I don't know where that was. Look for Dean Ousterhout's post in this thread.

I still get my fittings at Lowes.

M

McRabbet

I really can't help beyond Alan's information -- I got all of my 6" D-2729 S&D pipe at a plumbing supply house called McRey's in Spartanburg, SC about 3 years ago for about $15/10' length. They also had fittings, some of which were more (45 els) and some less (6x6x6 wyes) than Lowe's.

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Thanks guys! I have a couple of more leads here to try out before I resort to JDL - I have a couple of contractor friends, so it shouldn't be a problem to call in a favor if needed.

Much appreciated :wsmile:
Chris

Allan Campbell

New User
Allan
Try Agrisupply. I think they have a store in Petersburg and I know they do internet sales. I got mine in the Garner, NC store and they had lots of it.

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Thanks Allan! Petersburg Agri Supply is only 44 miles from the house so that looks like a good option. And $17.20 per 10' is a good price - especially when I don't have to convince them I'm a contractor!

Thanks for all the help guys :icon_thum - your the best!

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS