Apparently you can have too many clamps

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Yea, he's very proud of his bowed 2 x 4's. You can make them yourself to custom fit any project you want in about 3 minutes :roll:

Dave:)

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
But his curve is "computer generated".:lol:

The t slot is not a bad idea, but I would hate to think what he wants for a caul.

R

rickc

2': $21.99
3': $26.99
4': $31.99

Can see the price list & also see the "combo" packs here.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
It looks real neat....leave it to woodworkers to consistently develop a better mousetrap

Dancam

cskipper

Cathy
Just for the convenience of not needing to manage multiple clamps, I think it could be worth the purchase. Of course, if you can duplicate what he has done and use your own clamps so much better. There is a video clip on that link - you can glue up really large pieces with only 2-4 clamps.

R

rickc

What I can't tell from the video is which side of the caul he is putting against the edge of the stock being glued. In one place it appears as if the bowed side is placed against the stock and the other time it appears as if the flat side is.

Also, if you were to make a set of your own, how much "bow" should you have? Looks about a half inch difference on his from the middle to the end.

J

jeff...

Hey I've got a lot of bowed peices of wood around here, now only thing I need is a tee slot in the middle of them and they will become an instant bow clamp :lol:. But I think I'll call mine a "Bo Clamp" because I'm from the south ya'll

cskipper

Cathy
lol. I think the bow is always against the piece because the groove for the clamp is on the other side of the bow.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Pretty darn expensive per board foot!!!!

Easier and cheaper putting edges on two shelves at the same time- just put them edge to edge and clamp using two Besseys, then you don't need a caul or Bow Clamp or nothing. :) :) :)

John Reeves

John Reeves
Corporate Member
HOLY MOLY!! Do you have any idea how many BOW CLAMPS I have made on my jointer!! I just did not know what I was doing. I thought I was messing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors