Anyone to repair wood casement windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upton O'Goode

New User
Upton
I have some wood casement windows that have wet-rotted along the bottom sash and stiles (i.e. the part that holds the actual glass and pivots, not the jamb and sash that are fixed to the house).

Is there anyone out there with the skill to repair these, so I don't have to replace them with ugly PVC windows?

If you can, please call me in Chapel Hill at
nine one nine nine three three oh four six three

or email me at alexander_krob [] krob [] com (just put the punctuation where you know it goes -- done to avoid spam)

thrytis

New User
Eric
Are your windows painted? If so, you might look at wood hardener like PC-Rot Terminator or PC-Petrifier. You just mix it up, paint it on, and it soaks in and hardens the wood. I used some PC-Rot Terminator on a bit of door jamb that was rotting, and the wood is harder now than new wood is. There is also stuff to rebuild any missing wood once it is hardened.

http://www.pcepoxy.com/woodepoxy.asp

Eric

M

McRabbet

Wow -- two newbies in one post -- Alexander and Eric -- you guys are most welcome to the site and we are happy to see you on board -- each of you please go to the "Who We Are" forum and start a new thread to introduce yourselves to the members of the website, because your posts might not get seen by many here. And be sure to request a Photo Album under the Help Desk in the floating Navigation Menu. Around here "no pics, it didn't happen".

Alexander, sorry I can't offer advice on repairs to the windows, but you might try any old used furniture/junk stores in the Triangle area and see if you can fine a duplicate.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS