Anyone interested in buying one of Mike Mathieu's Intarsia Keepsake Box Kits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Last Saturday Mike Mathieu came to Bill's shop and not only demonstrated Intarsia for 10 of us, we all bought kits and began our own keepsake box! I've asked Mike if he would consider selling more to the group members at a discounted price if I could drum up enough interest. Look at his website (link below), I would personally like to buy one of the Butterfly Kits and one of the Hummingbird kits. In order to keep the shipping cost down ($10 normally), I offered to take in the orders and then pay Mike one time. If we can get an order of 10 or more kits, Mike agreed to sell them at around $30 with shipping included. The more the better for Mike. Then he can mass produce these two kits and sell them to us at around $30 delivered. They would all come to me here in Chapel Hill, then we would each have to work out pick-up/delivery arrangements from here.

So, again, please look at the Butterfly and Hummingbird kits ONLY at this time....and let me know if you'd like to buy one or both of these kits are $30 each. If there is enough interest in some of the other kits, let me know that also. It's the quantity that keeps the price down, so one or two here or there might only save the $10 shipping charge from the price on his site.

Thanks,
Michael

http://www.midlothianwoodworks.com/intarsia-project-kits/

BTW, this "blog" goes through the making of the parts and assembly of the keepsake Buffalo kit in case you'd like to see how it's done.

https://midlothianwoodworks.wordpress.com/buffalo-box-intarsia-a-work-in-progress/

Last edited:

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Yes, I missed that point. Thanks Mark!
So to get to this special price quantity, we need at least 10 kits in the order. More is better for Mike since he's mass producing the kits.
Thanks

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'll take two each and also interested in the retriever box x2 if anyone else is. I can send you the money via paypal up front if it would help. I have no problem paying up front for this as I trust those involved.

I know the quality of these kits first hand (I was one of the workshop participants) and am not afraid to spend money on them. Highly recommended - both the quality of the wood, the care of putting them together and the great instructions that come with them. The amount of time saved in milling and the learning curve makes these a deal even at full retail price.

Maybe you could make it to one of the Friday lunches after you get the kits to distribute to some of us. Too early for those details - let's see what develops.

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
I'd like to get two Hummingbird and two Butterfly box kits. I'll be happy to pay using PayPal and can pick them up on one of my trips to the Triangle area after they get delivered to vtxmanmike in Chapel Hill (my daughter lives in Apex and I make trips frequently to see her and my grandson). I enjoyed the workshop and I agree that Mike's kits are well made -- we just need to add the parts cutout efforts, some glue and finish.

Rob Payne

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
As of this post, I have 12 Butterfly box kits, 10 Hummingbird box kits, and 2 Retriever kits.

Thanks for the great response everyone! Let's keep it going so we can get a really big order to Mike!

Sam Knight

Sam Knight
Sam
Corporate Member
Mike, put me down for one hummingbird and one butterfly. Let me know how and where to make payment. Thanks Mike

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Michael please double my order so I get two of each (butterfly and hummingbird). Just let me know how and when you want payment.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
*****UPDATE*****
Just to keep everyone up to date with regards to the kits. Mike does not keep kits on hand as he prefers to prepare the stock so it's fresh when he assembles the kit. By his response to my last message about counts...he's BLOWN AWAY by the response of this group. We have put together a large order for him and his business.

So, he said he'll be ordering materials over the next several days and it will take at least a couple weeks to get everything together and all kits ready to ship.

I've had several people ask about payment. First I'd like to ask who will be at the picnic and can pay me there? That will be the easiest method. For the rest we can PM paypal info or mail me a check. A huge THANK YOU to all the members of this group. I was hoping to scrape together 10 kits to be ordered. The last count I have now is around 30 kits total. I'll write another post with the member ID and kits they have requested. Please keep me accurate by verifying that I have your order right.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Here is what I have at this time:
Intarsia Kit Count.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS