Anyone have a Laguna Bandsaw in the Raleigh area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Wilkins

Mike
Corporate Member
Not quite in Raleigh, but I am in Winterville. Next door to Greenville. I have a 2001 model LT18; the original model with 12" resaw capacity, and it came with the original Euro blade guides. I have since upgraded it with the ceramic guide blocks.
The newer model LT's come with more resaw capacity(16" for the LT16) and American made Baldor motors. Look me up if you would like a closer look.

sediener

New User
Steve
Thanks it might take a while to get out that way but I have a few months before I can order it. Are you happy with the bandsaw as a whole? I'm looking at the LT16 3000 series.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Steve ... I have the LT24, but too am not in Raleigh! If you are over my way, you are free to stop in and check it out.

I think I can safely say it's one of my favorite machines ... built well no "shortcuts" are taken that I can find.

sediener

New User
Steve
Thanks Jeremy, my wife's been wanting to go to Charlotte one weekend to visit a friend... maybe we can swing that in the next month or so.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Nah, Steve...You don't need to go by Jeremy's place...

That little bandsaw he has won't show you much about the quality, I mean it's so tiny ;-)

If you get the chance to swing by his shop, I'd do it in a heart beat, just to touch some of his cool toyls :-D

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
I have the LT-24 and agree with everything that the Woodwrangler said. If you ever find yourself in Myrtle Beach, you are more than welcome to stop by and take mine for a test drive.

Mike Wilkins

Mike
Corporate Member
Yes, I am happy with the saw. Have had no problems with mine, other than not enough time to be able to use it. My full time job is getting in the way of my hobbies. These are heavy duty machines with lots of power and built to last. I have not seen the model you are referring to in person, but I would think all the Laguna offerings are well built. So much so that one of their sliding tablesaws is on its way to my shop as I type this.
Be happy to show and tell my bandsaw if you ever make it out this way.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Thanks Jeremy, my wife's been wanting to go to Charlotte one weekend to visit a friend... maybe we can swing that in the next month or so.

Thinking about this even more, I think that Shamrock (Mike) has the LT16. I know he has a newer Laguna. He too is in Charlotte and if he's around I'm sure wouldn't mind showing it off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS