Any luthiers/Guitar Builders in the Charlotte Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
I was wondering if we have any members out there who are Luthiers/Guitar Builders out there. I am trying to learn as much as I can online but wanted to see if there was anyone local who would be willing to show me some of the basics and learn a little.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Okay well. I guess that answers my question. Guess I will just experiment and continue reading online and off. :)

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Kevin.
Not a luthier but I do minor maintainence and setups on our guitars and menagerie of instruments. Anything major goes to Mallory Penland in Salisbury. If you're not on their list, subscribe to Stewart-MacDonald's newsletter: http://www.stewmac.com/newsletter.html Always great info and neat work arounds for common problems.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Thanks Mark and Mark.... I am on Stewmacs list and enjoy what they send out. I will check out David's site and see what his lessons look like. Banner Elk is not to bad 2hrs I think from where I am at... Depending on when he does the classes it might work out.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
a friend of mine used to teach a guitar and dulcimer class at the John C Campbell Folk School up in Brasstown, NC.

I'm not sure if he still teaches there or not. He's built quite a few guitars and the like over the years.

I'd check their classes out

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Thank you.. I was having trouble remembering the name. I would love to go up there and take classes. I will get on their site and see if I can find anything.

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
There is a friend of mine in Midland that is a top notch Luthier (Guitar and Banjo, Round Tops) and does high end furniture. He made my open back banjo and sells on ebay every once in a while.

If you send me your personal info I will forward to him to see if would be interested.

kyle

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
If you find anything out bout the guy in banner elk let me know I might be interested just an hour for me and my daughter goes to school at Lees Mcrae.(btw there is an excellent restraunt Cajun that makes the best voodoo pasta youll find in town)
Thanks Mark

JohnW

New User
John
Kevin. PM sent. I'd be happy to share what I know. Call me

And check out this site. http://home.comcast.net/~kathymatsu****a/

This link might get censored because her last name is recognized as a wordyderd...if it does, try
home.comcast.net/~kathymatsushi*a. and put a "t" where the * is.

Kathy's site is awesome and continues to be a big help to me.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
If you find anything out bout the guy in banner elk let me know I might be interested just an hour for me and my daughter goes to school at Lees Mcrae.(btw there is an excellent restraunt Cajun that makes the best voodoo pasta youll find in town)
Thanks Mark

I talked with David Fink in Banner Elk, he doesn't do any classes with guitars. However he does build some amazing guitars and hope to get up there and play one in the near future.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Kevin. PM sent. I'd be happy to share what I know. Call me

And check out this site. http://home.comcast.net/~kathymatsu****a/

This link might get censored because her last name is recognized as a wordyderd...if it does, try
home.comcast.net/~kathymatsushi*a. and put a "t" where the * is.

Kathy's site is awesome and continues to be a big help to me.

John that is the site I have been trying to remember I found that along time ago and thought I have bookmarked it but didn't. Thanks for the link and the PM I will check her site out again. I know she had some great stuff last time I looked like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS