Another Rocking Horse

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluewing92

New User
Norm
I wasn’t going to post this after seeing that carved pony last month. But decided since it was a diferent category, I would not be to embarrassed.
So here is the rocking horse for my grandson. Made from water oak (local sawyer called it that and the price was right) The inlay and eyes are walnut with cherry saddle, handgrips, mane and tail trim. Macramé mane and tail combed out by LOML.

Little one's reaction priceless.:gar-Bi

Rocking_Horse_for_Logan_017.jpg

Rocking_Horse_for_Logan_007.jpg

Rocking_Horse_for_Logan_006.jpg

Finaly the naked horse without ears mane and tail.
Rocking_Horse_for_Logan_005.jpg

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
That's beautiful!! I can't let my wife or little one see it though, I've got enough projects already ;-)

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Norm, this horse is nothing to be embarrased about - it looks great - especially with that little cowboy riding it:icon_thum

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Looks perfect! I've made 5 by the same plan ... a bit more work than it looks on the surface. The kids absolutely love them!

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Never be embarassed to post a project. It may not be perfect, but it is always worth seeing and sharing. You may give others ideas, or you may get feedback to help you on future projects.

It looks a lot like the Woodsmith rocker I built 5 years ago. Very nice job. You should be proud of it, plus, the most important thing is the new owner is happy with it.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Where'd you guys get the plans for that horse? I need to build a couple soon.

Thanx.

I bought mine at Woodcraft. Comes with full size templates (on paper). They also have another horse plan there with the full size templates in 1/4" MDF (but not sure what that horse looks like)

bluewing92

New User
Norm
Thank you all for the kind words. It was tasking at times but I like the results.

Reggie, I don't recall where I got the plans from but if you Google "Rocking Horse" I'm sure that is how I found it.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Where'd you guys get the plans for that horse? I need to build a couple soon.

Thanx.

Awwwww, I forgot all about tracing that horse.

Can you wait till the BBQ?

If not I'll try to find some cardboard to make templates.

SORRY about that!

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Awwwww, I forgot all about tracing that horse.

Can you wait till the BBQ?

If not I'll try to find some cardboard to make templates.

SORRY about that!

Mike, don't sweat it. I probably will go ahead with some design soon. These little guys are growing up!!

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Nice work Norm! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I remember having one of those as a kid and I loved it! Now I just buy tools. :eusa_doh: Excellent work! :icon_thum

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Great job on the horse. You have made a family heirloom and many memories.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Now that is sweeeeeet !!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I hope I can get that embarrassed someday :icon_thum

Dood , that is awesome !!! :notworthy:

KC7CN

New User
Don
That horse really looks good! I made the same pattern in the 1995 for my grandsons. It's really rewarding to see them have so much fun riding their horse; kind of scares me to see how hard they rock, but it's never bucked them off:eusa_danc.

-Don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors